Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"job transferring" - IELTS - Career

TTJudy 4 / 3  
Topic:
The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion mil be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life.

Essay:
According to a famous psychological theory, the Maslow's hierachy of needs, when the basic and foundamental needs are satisfied, people tend to desire the next higher level, say seeking self-realization from success in work and study. This may help to explain why a growing number of people nowadays are pursuing more than one career and continually receiving education throughout the life.

For a long period of time, it's been believed that a single career is what things should be like for most people. Stickness to a company may even be perceived as loyalty or persiverance, taking into little, if any consideration of the match between individuals and the organization. However, with the arrival of information era, things have changed a great deal. Informative of the most up-to-date recruiting news via the Internet, people nowadays have more initiatives than they previously did. To suit oneself to a dream position, according to the criteria clearly stated in job description, dream-holders have every reasons to get a realted diploma or certificate. By means of forums, twitter and other SNS networks, informal sources of information like gossips about a certain corporation may spread quickly and widely among public. All the factors mentioned above are responsible for a shorter emplyment frequently occuring nowadays.

Despite the truth that such a change marks the acendence of employees' status in the job market, it is undeniable that disadvantages also exist. More frequent job transferring can do harm to both sides. As for employers, potantial risk of information leak often accompanies the leave of staff. As for employees, an experienced record of changing jobs may very well form a sterotype of unreliability, which could harm one's future career.

In a word, though being a widespread phenomenon, changing jobs should be an approach to adopt only after carefully assessing the overall situation. Blindly following the so-called fashion will only bring about negative affects.

Home / Writing Feedback / "job transferring" - IELTS - Career