Journal. Why do people hurt each other.

kayyao 6 / 20  
Please help me with my journal. Any comment, correction, or criticism is greatly appreciated.
topic: Why do people hurt each other?
The complexity of human race shapes us to have diversified characters. However, no matter what characters we possess, we all hurt each others one way or the other. Nevertheless, people hurt others due to impulse and sudden inability to compromise, while some people do so for pleasure.

People often regret upon the spontaneous harm they did to others beforehand. The urge to fight against others' aggressiveness is just as strong as being angry. In addition, both of the two sensations are hard to control. Therefore, after we hurt others, others will hurt us in return. This is a non-stop malicious cycle that leads to nowhere. Only people who are sophisticated and mature enough are aware of the importance of compromise. Without concession, our world will be in chaos, and forbearance will lead to harmony.

Indeed, there are people who obtain pleasure from others misery. By imposing pain to others, they feel good about themselves; or in a more morbid case, some people even experience a sense of pleasure when they torture others. I still remember a character names "No Name" from Giorgio Faletti's novel "Lo Uccido" ("I Kill"); he is a typical psycho who tortures people for pleasure. Although the victims of his prey all experienced inhumane physical torments before their death, he actually takes enjoyment from watching them being in the state of extreme agony. These people inflict pain on others because their minds are twisted and aberrant.

Ultimately, we all inevitably get hurt and hurt others. Some people hurt each other because they are impulsive and unable to compromise, while others inflict pain on others for pleasure.
The complexity of human race shapes us to have diversified characters. ---I don't like this sentence, because it uses diversified and "character" in a strange way.

The complexity of human race shapes us to have diverse perspectives; people's character's are not all of equal quality.

You should use the word character like the word water. You don't say I drank too many waters. You say, "I drank too much water.

In the same way:
However, no matter what quality of character we possess, we all hurt...

Use an apostrophe to show possession (i.e. ownership): Indeed, there are people who obtain pleasure from others' misery.

:-)
atlanta33 1 / 1  
it is good but a bit to short
OP kayyao 6 / 20  
Thank you Kevin!!!
I will definitely revise it.

Home / Writing Feedback / Journal. Why do people hurt each other.