What Do You Know About the Common Cold?

bbcheesecake14 10 / 13  
Some people says if we getting cold it can give us a cold, but Ranit Mishori as medicine doctor at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington said that colds are most frequently occurring in winter, but not caused by low temperatures. Sneezing, handshakes, or coughing on one other would make common cold virus spread easily.

Sometimes, adult can suffered from common cold two or three times in a year, but youngling can get four or five times. Dr. Mishori state that common people assumption about our immune system will gained after we catch a cold, it was wrong.

Consume a lot vitamin C when you were cold, it helps you to decrease amount of days that you will be suffering with these symptoms. Honey can also aid to heal your cold, but Dr. Mishori not recommend you to feed a babies under 1 year with honey. Chicken soup has anti-inflammatory properties which can dilute the mucus in respiratory tract.

Dr. Mishori suggest you who get a cold to drink a lot of mineral water and tea to increase fluids in your body. He also clarifies that drink some milk in the flu condition will thicken the mucus and it will reduce our comfort.

readitenglish.com/read/kT9o8c
Rinnegan45 - / 39 5  
Hi there, bbcheesecake14!

I'm going to give you several corrections here.

"Some people says if we getting cold" = you might want to type like this "Some people say if we catch a cold"

using "but" right in the start of the sentence is quite rare, instead you might use "however" as it sounds more like it.

"but not caused by low temperatures. Sneezing, handshakes, or coughing on ..." = it seems that you kinda omit some words there . "but not caused by low temperatures" is a fragmented sentence. a clause that is missing either a subject or a verb. so, it should be " but It is not caused by low temperature"

"on the other hand, sneezing, handshaking, and coughing would make common cold virus spread easily." this is the correction for the aformentioned sentence.

"Honey can also aid to heal your cold, but ..."Honey can also aid to relieve your cold, but Dr. mishori did not recommend you to feed honey to a baby under 1 year.

"Dr. Mishori suggest"
it should be "Dr. Mishori Suggests"
ramzi06 9 / 17 4  
Greetings Mrs sestria,
I am pleased to read your writing. However I'm afraid that you need to few adjustments, particularly in paragraph 1, because it is crucial when you want to attract reader.

Some people says if we getting cold it can give us a cold , but Ranit Mishori as medicine doctor at Georgetown University (...) said that colds are most frequently occurring in winter, ...

Sneezing, handshakes, or coughing on one other would make common ...

Some people (plural subject) should followed by say/argue/claim/believe, not says (only for singular)

If + subject + verb + object/adverb , subject + modal (can/will/shall) + object/adverb
So this sentence probably like this :
If we are in coldness, we will get a fever/cold,

But let me help you to adjust your writing in order to be sounds academic,

Some people believe that coldness in some situations will lead us easily to get fever/cold. Dr. Ranit Mishori, physician at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, argue that this is usually caused in winter season while the temperature drop to below 10 degree. Sneezing, handshakes, and coughing are several indicator to know if someone is getting cold.

That's all,
Thanks

CMIiW (correct me if I'm wrong)

Home / Writing Feedback / What Do You Know About the Common Cold?