Large companies use sports events to promote their products.Some people think it has a negative...

TranMinhKhoi 1 / -  
Topic: Large companies use sports events to promote their products. Some people think it has a negative impact on sports. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Sports are always an exciting way of entertainment in most countries, and many large companies have taken this opportunity to advertise their products. I believe this is a really effective way, as it not only promotes their products but also helps host countries find sponsors.

First, companies have to put in a massive amount of money for their products to be displayed on the screen around the stadium and reach the audience's sight. Although this is costly this way of advertising is highly effective, as the viewers continuously see the products every time the camera moves. After a match, the products are in the audience's mind, and the company's campaign is successful. For instance, in the 2022 World Cup, Coca-Cola's revenue increased by 10% in just three months almost equal to the total of their 2021 revenue.

Second, having many sponsors for the events can significantly reduce costs for host countries, and promote the tournament to the world. Furthermore, attracts more athletes and committees as a result national image can be boosted. There are some tournaments in which the host country does not need to pay a single buck as there are many sponsors, and still make tons of money by selling tickets. But these sports events can easily reach underage teenagers products that are not ethical may have some negative consequences to them. In most advertisements especially beer or alcoholic drinks, there are many scenes of famous people drinking, they may have a desire to use them without caring about their unhealthiness.

In conclusion, although there are some drawbacks with small viewers, I think large companies promoting their products through sports events is a win-win relationship, and makes the tournament more bustling and colorful

Thanks for reading my essay, so I can improve it <3.
Your opinion is not based upon the correct premise. The question you have to answer is "Some people think this has a negative impact on sports. To what extent do you agree or disagree?" You responded based upon a misunderstanding. You cited effective product promotions, which is not the basis of the guide question. Also, you did not respond in a measured manner to the agree or disagree question. Therefore, the first paragraph, also known as the prompt restatement and writer's opinion paragraph will receive a failing score as it does not respond in the expected manner. The essay presentation has already failed even before you reached the reasoning paragraph section. Your discussion in those aspects are also unrelated to the given prompts so you really do not have a chance of passing the test with this essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Large companies use sports events to promote their products.Some people think it has a negative...