Learning English has become a basic need for better life around the world.

ibe13 36 / 50 9  
Jay Walker: The world's English mania

Learning English has been a basic need for better life around the world. It is because English is always used for obtaining job opportunity and getting higher education. In addition, a forth of references is based on English. For instance, in China, the largest country learning English, the government implements regulation for people learning English started in the third grade by law. Therefore, English cannot take over the native language, yet English is the second language connecting each other easily around the world.

source: ted
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Ilham,

I am not quite sure whether this is an acceptable summary or not due to its short explanation. This summary doesn't even reach 100 words. Perhaps, adding 1 or 2 sentences would be adequately covered the necessity of a summary itself. However, if you were told to sum the information that is below 100 words, you can just simply ignore my suggestion above.

With regards to the sentence structure, I can see that some of them are influenced by your native language. It doesn't sound English at all. Therefore, paraphrasing your sentences would be beneficial towards the future summary practices. You can see them in the detailed descriptions below.

- It is because English is alwaysmostly used for obtaining job opportunity and getting higher education. (the meaning is quite similar, mention them in a single sentence would be redundant I guess. Also, when you mention "always", I think it is an over-generalized statement. Not all job vacancies need English as one of the requirements.)

- In addition, a forth oflots of references isarebased onwritten in English.
- For instance, in China is the largest country that learning English. (stop here, new sentence) The government implements a regulation for people learningto learn Englishstartedsincein the third grade. by law.(regulation is already official, no need to mention "law" again. It would be redundant.)
Hi Bung, I believe this is the first time that I will review your essay and with that I would like to WELCOME you to the Essay Forum Family, it is great to welcome yet another member of this growing family. Here on EF, we aim to provide you with the most accurate feedback and comprehensive input, in order to strengthen your essay and be confident in your submission.

Having said that, please find a few suggestions below;

- It is because with English, we will be able to obtain jobs,is always used for obtaining job opportunity
- and getting higher education.
- In addition, a forth of references is based on English.
- the government implementsimplemented a regulation
- for people learning English startedto start in the third grade and this is in accordance to theby law.
- the second language connectingthat will connect each other easily ...

There you have it Bung, I hope the above remarks are helpful to your revision and as you can see, there's still quiet a lot of work to be done in your writing and the good thing is, you can still enhance and develop this skill and one way to get better at it is by practicing to write as often as you can.

Home / Writing Feedback / Learning English has become a basic need for better life around the world.