LEAVING YOUR COUNTRY TO LIVE OR STUDY ABROAD: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES

nybui212223 1 / -  
In some recent years, there has been an increasingly controversial issue as to whether people should emigrate to another country to make living or study abroad. While some argue that this will bring huge benefits, the opponents concern that there are some difficulties they have to overcome. In the following essay, its benefits and drawbacks will be discussed.

Firstly, the advantages of living in another country are undeniable. Going oversea, especially developed countries, is a good opportunity to broaden their horizons by exposing to well-rounded education system, which helps individuals improve themselves. Students will not only be taught by highly experienced professors in prestigious universities but also be supported by advanced facilities such as state-of-the-art laboratories or novel software. Another benefit is chance to work in multinational companies and this may be an crucial stepping-stone in their career path. The employees have chances to work in creative environment with salaries that is worth their efforts, For example, nowadays, more and more Asian students come to America to study Computer science and be employed by famous companies such as Microsoft, Facebook with desirable income after graduating.

However, it also is of many problems. The biggest obstacle is culture shock. When leaving for a new land, in the first times, people are more often than not fascinated by new culture, but just after some time, differences between the old and new culture such as language barriers become apparent and may create anxiety. Furthermore, racial discrimination is one of the aspects the emigrants should consider, especially when they tend to live in Western countries. The more racist there is, the more difficult to integrate into new society.

In conclusion, every garden has its weeds, going abroad to work or study has its pros and cons. People should have further consideration before making decision.
While some argue that this will bring huge benefits,

benefits to whom? individuals or to the countries?...It's better you include the prompt with the essay so that it is clear for us to know what it really means.

In the following essay, its benefits and drawbacks will be discussed.

This sentence is not really necessary because it does not bring much value addition to your essay because it is implied that you would discuss them in forthcoming body paragraphs. It is always better to conclude your introduction expressing your view. In this case (this is not an essay of Agree/Disagree type), you can say something like;

In my view, migration from one country to another has both advantages and disadvantages. .... here you take a moderate stance and in the conclusion you can re-instate your opinion and further elaborate on that.
Goingoversea, especially developed countries, is a good opportunity to broaden their horizons by exposing to well-rounded education system, which helps individuals improve themselves.

"overseas" is the right word.
Migrating to more developed countries is a good opportunity for an individual to prosper in life with a better education and great job opportunities.

However, it also is of many problems.

However, migration to a foreign land is also associated with many problems too.

The biggest obstacle is culture shock.

.... better mention about the language barriers too. It is the biggest challenge that many migrants are faced with as they migrate to a new country.

Home / Writing Feedback / LEAVING YOUR COUNTRY TO LIVE OR STUDY ABROAD: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES