IELTS WRITING TASK 1: LEFT WALLET WITH A FRIEND DURING HOLIDAY.

Harman8484 1 / 1  

receiving forgotten wallet back

You have just spent a week with a friend on holiday. When you got home, you realized that you had left your wallet there.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
1) Thank your friend for the holiday
2)Explain that you left your wallet in their place.
3)Give them instruction of how to send it back to you.

Dear Rudolph

I have reached home safely and hope you are doing great back home. I am writing this letter to tell you that i had a great week with you during my holiday, but unfortunately i forgot my wallet at your place.

Firstly i would like to appreciate the hospitality which you offered during the week at your place. But while i was leaving back to my house i forgot to pick my wallet. As far as i remember the last time i saw my wallet was in the drawer which is in the left side of the closet in your room. The color of the wallet is beige, mid-sized and of Arrow brand. It had my important identity proofs like PAN, DL, etc. and $ 200.

I will be very thankful to you if you send it back urgently as i have to travel in two weeks. You can send it through Fastrack courier services, they charge very nominal and they have a turnaround time of a week. I will request you to use the money from my wallet and you have to post it to my old address which is 21, old baker street, westmeister, 1334655.

I look forward to receiving the wallet and hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank You
Wiley
crystlho 5 / 12 2  
Dear Harman8484,
Please don't use "i". You should use capital letter "I" in stead.
As far asI remember the last time I saw ... which is on the left side ...

The verb "send" need 2 objects: for example: send it back to me.
Don't use you have to post it to my old address. use "should" instead of have to in this sentence.
Hope my feedback will help.
Happy writing
Crystal

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1: LEFT WALLET WITH A FRIEND DURING HOLIDAY.