The line graph show the oil production and consumption in China between 1982 and 2006

An99 1 / -  
The graph demonstrates the figures for oil which was consumed and produced in China over the course of 24 years from 1982 to 2006.

Overall, it is obvious that there was an upward trend in China's oil consumption and production over the years. However, the rising speed of consumption was much faster than that of production.

At the year of 1982 the figures for oil consumption and production were fairly equal at 2 million barrels per day. However, while the rate of oil consumption remained unchanged over 8 years at the figures around 2 million barrels per day, oil production witnessed a significant upward trend to 3 million barrels per day before staying constant until 1990.

From 1990 to 2006, the amount of oil that was consumed made a breakthrough and reached the peak at 6 million in 2006. Meanwhile, the figures for oil production continued to increase, but only marginally and finally end up at to approximately 3.5 million barrels per day, which was 3.5 times smaller than that of consumption.

The writer must make an effort to create a properly formatted summary overview. This is accomplished by writing at least 3 individual infomation sentences in the paragraph, with the last 2 sentences representing the high and low of the graph. The trending sentences need not be separated from the summary overview as the correct format for the first paragraph follows the following set-up:

Summary overview + Trending statement = Comprehensive summary report

The separated summary overview and trending statement is only a tutoring tool that is meant to help the student keep track of the information requirements per paragraph. The student should be able to write a comprehensive paragraph as he progresses to show his increased writing ability for the task 1 essay. He should eventually be consolidating the summary report + trending scenario in one paragraph.

A 4 paragraph presentation is only useful in increasing the score of the presentation when there are 2 images present. 4 paragraphs allows for a more comprehensive analysis and report. For single images, the 3 paragraph format is more than sufficient and helps to add to the scoring potential of the essay. The writer should learn to analyze when to use the 4 paragraph and 3 paragraph presentations for increased score targeting.

The writer is constantly writing in run-on mode with some fragments thrown in. These will adversely affect the final GRA and C+C score as the paragraphs lack analytical clarity and proper information separation. The writer must strive to present clearer sentences and more efficient paragraph formatting.

Home / Writing Feedback / The line graph show the oil production and consumption in China between 1982 and 2006