Essay on how our lives have improved due to better cooking methods available

riyak 6 / 13 1  
Food has become much easier to prepare these days. With the developments of modern science impacting every sphere of our lives and how we live, food and its preparation method has also undergone vast changes. These days there many modern kitchen appliances which have increased the speed and efficiency of cooking . Our concept of food itself and methods of preparation have changed vastly such that apart from traditional options of cooking meals from scratch, consumers are presented with a wide choice of preparing food through different modern ingredients and items of cooking easily available in any supermarket.

All these changes, have definitely improved the way people live in many ways.

First, preparing food is no longer an arduous task nor is it immensely time consuming. With the help of modern appliances and ingredients, we can prepare basic meals in no time and save ourselves a lot of valuable time which can be channelized elsewhere.

Second, since food has become easier to prepare , even working people have the option of cooking their meals at home and not depend on outside food. These gives them the opportunity to plan their diet according to their own health requirement and also an option of planning meals according to budget.

Third, since cooking has become easier, it is much more fun to have family and friends over to one's place for a meal as compared to olden times.This saves money of eating out in expensive restaurants and for those who love to cook , its become easier to showcase their talent.This is another way in which life has become better due to ease in cooking .

Overall , the way people live has thus improved .However, one repercussion is that, since there are many "ready to cook" or "ready to eat" food available which needs minimum effort by the consumer before its ready, people buy these foods without checking their content. Some of these foods use a lot of preservatives or may be very high in calories or sodium content and thus not very healthy. So, that's one point that people need to be careful of.
These days there many modern kitchen appliances which have increased the speed and efficiency of cooking .

These days there are many kitchen appliances that have increased speed and efficiency for cooking.

traditional options of cooking meals from scratch

.... when you say just scratch without detailing, you ideas does not come clearly :)
... traditional options of cooking meals that consume lots of time and effort

.... This line should go to your introduction.
OP riyak 6 / 13 1  
I am sorry, my essay was from the perspective of life in Singapore, where people mostly eat out specially working people. Only these days , due to modern kitchen appliances, people have started eating at home.Otherwise,people depend on koppitiams and food courts.Maybe I can use this as an eg.

By ease in showcasing of talent what I meant was , people are eager to try new recipes now compared to the past .This is because earlier the process was more time consuming due to lack of modern appliances.Howver, i will re phrase because probably the meaning is ambiguous.

thanks a lot.Appreciate the review

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay on how our lives have improved due to better cooking methods available