Living with friends rather than with families badly affect the community. Do you agree or disagree ?

luvtea2507 1 / -  

living independently or with a company?

In contemporary society, it is indubitable that a great many people opt to live alone or with friends rather than with their families. Opinions diverge widely on whether this increasing trend leaves a deleterious impact upon communities or not. From my perspective, living independently from families is a mixed blessing and will elucidate my standpoint in the upcoming essay.

To commence with, on the one hand, it is glaringly evident that in this day and age, several people have a propensity to live with their families in their early age of life. Nonetheless, when they grow up, they are inclined to live on their own or with their friends instead of with their families. I am convinced that the chief rationale for this trend lies in the fact that people tend to relish a sense of independence brought about by not being constrained to their families. Self-reliance, in turn, comes with certain benefits. First and foremost, once people make decisions to live alone, they encounter a number of challenges and have to tackle with such personal issues without any help from the families; hence, their resilience which is a must-have quality in life is enhanced. Additionally, since financial support from parents is no longer within the realm of possibility, it is then the responsibility of people to fend for themselves. As a corollary, they will become appreciative of the value and quintessence of money.

Furthermore, living independently is synonymous with living free from family restrictions and norms. Therefore, people are given leeway to shape their own personality and provided with acute privacy. Eventually, it is the communities that will benefit most from the self-dependence of their residents. Furthermore, living independently is synonymous with living free from family restrictions and norms. Consequently, people are given leeway to shape their own personality and provided with acute privacy.

On the other hand, not being under one roof with their families means that people have limited quality time for their families; therefore, the family bond can be negatively influenced. It goes without saying that each and every family is a pivotal unit in communities; if one essential unit is adversely affected, the whole societal chain will be broken. Moreover, whereas several necessary qualities are present in living alone or with friends, they can also be inculcated in a family setup. To exemplify, mutual respect is a vital virtue which the cohesive society necessitates and such significant quality is imbibed through families. In addition, living independently is exorbitant since nowadays, the property and apartment price is skyrocketing. To find accomodation at a reasonable price, people have to work diligently to make ends meet as they cannot expect financial support from families and relatives. Such lone occupants are more liable to experience depression as well as anxiety with bearing domestic responsibilities while pursuing their careers than family-oriented people. As a consequence, those who opt for living alone or with friends are prone to leading a hectic life and developing unhealthy lifestyles; some can resort to crimes; thus, this will highlight a decline in moral standard of a nation and detrimentally influence the communities.

To recapitulate, the aforementioned arguments has lent insights into the vindication that along with a myriad of benefits that living independently brings come undesirable repercussions.
When paraphrasing this essay, the response to the question will help you restate the question in a manner that will help your TA score increase considerably. You can do that by directly responding to the question in the last sentence of the restatement and then, offering an explanation that you will explain fully in the next 2 paragraphs. In this question, you failed to respond to the question directly in the essay. It is neither in the paraphrase, body, nor conclusion of your presentation. Which means, you did not properly represent the discussion format in your essay. The measured response for this essay could have been:

I strongly (do not) support
I fully (dis) agree
I totally (dis) agree
Or any variations thereof would have helped you achieve a better TA score in terms of prompt and discussion accuracy.

Now, while you will not be scored down for writing more words than the minimum, I have to tell you the truth, writing over 500 words will not be helpful to your essay. Neither will you be able to actually write 500 words, regardless of whether you take the CBT or the pencil test. The ideal word range is only between 275-290 words. You are not writing a research paper, you are just writing a simple opinion paper. Focus on the quality of your words, not the number of words. Writing more words, contrary to what tutors tell the students, will never result in a passing score. Not when the student sacrifices the accuracy of their LR, C&C, and GRA scores for the number of words.

Your undue focus on the number of words forced you to turn a single opinion essay into a comparative essay. That was never the point of the essay. There is no middle ground when the question clearly asks you to pick one of two possible responses only. That is why you are asked "To what extent do you agree OR disagree?" Wherever the word "OR" is used, a single opinion essay is warranted.

Focus on defending only your supported position using 2 separate reasons in the 2 discussion paragraphs. That will clarify your position and strengthen the overall essay presentation. The undue length of your essay resulted in several grammar, spelling and conciseness issues. Which, I will not mention here anymore since your essay was not written in the proper format anyway.

Home / Writing Feedback / Living with friends rather than with families badly affect the community. Do you agree or disagree ?