IELTS TASK 2 - LIVING IN ONE PLACE OR MOVING AROUND? It is a free choice for everybody.

awe_28 25 / 10 6  
In the past, people usually stayed in one place throughout their life. These days, people often move around. They often live in several different places in their lifetime. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

Several years ago, people tend to be born, grow up, and die in same place. However, at the present time, they live as nomadic. Most people spend their time from one location to the others. Living in one area provides better security and comfortable neighborhood while it causes lack of social intercourse and boredom. In the other side, although staying in different place brings more knowledge and better job, people will be difficult to adapt and manage their life.

Continuing live in one location brings positive and negative effects. The first positive effect is that inhabitants obtain better security since they already know the environment and crimes which have occurred there. Also, citizens are pleasant with the locals as helping has become accustomed for people who know each other for long term. Nevertheless, inhabitants lack of social interaction because they are surrounding with same faces every day. In addition, they face boredom since there is repetition of their activities.

As for people who often shift around in several places in their life, there are merits and drawbacks for them. The main benefit is gaining new knowledge and experience due to the reason that they can learn from various person. Moreover, finding job becomes easier since much information will come from new friends. However, living in new habitation forces them to adapt with neighborhood and it will be difficult for getting closer to others. This is also troublesome to manage their life. For example, when person move to new place, they must prepare new house and of course the equipment.

To conclude, living in one place for whole life or moving around is the choice of each person because both of them have advantages and disadvantages. People will have better life if they enjoy it and try to avoid the drawbacks.
Diqon 10 / 33 12  
A little mistake you have done

in the first paragraph you wrote Several years ago, people tend to be born, grow up, and die in same place. However, at the present time, they live as nomadic. . this sentence lost the past simple tense. So, your sentence should be ( several years ago, people tended to be born, grew up, and died in the same place ) hope, you will be careful using tenses.

However, at the present time, they live as nomadic. here you are unnecessary to use HOWEVER because of the phrase AT THE PRESENT TIME means a contrast with SEVERAL YEARS AGO.

there are meritsbenefits and drawbacks for them.

The main benefit is gaining new knowledge and experience = A range of benefits to acquire knowledge and experience

when persons move to new place

I hope those corrections help you so much.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - LIVING IN ONE PLACE OR MOVING AROUND? It is a free choice for everybody.