IELTS Task 1: A Machine For Generating Electricity From Wind And Where It Can Be Located

fahmisadja 33 / 33 34  
The diagrams illustrate a machine for generating electricity from wind and where it can be located. In general, the machine shows one of ways to optimize renewable resource whereas its installation may lead to several problems because of its location and its expense.

The machine consists of turbines made by fiberglass or wood, a wind sensor, a generator, and all of the parts are propped up by a steel tower. On the other side, this is connected to a computer device that can detect and give information about the energy that is produced.

The process starts when the winds blow the blades. As a consequence, the turbine rotates and leads to produce the electricity as much as 1.5 megawatts through the generator. At the same time, the sensor informs the direction and speed of turbine to the computer, and then users are able to see on the screen how much is the energy produced and the speed run.

Alternatively, to maximize the use, the machine can be placed on the peak of hill where the winds are stronger and more electricity will be generated. However, people also can build a domestic turbine and place nearby the house. Therefore, the smaller one can bring the output only 100 kilowatts.

(208 words)

nsahmad 11 / 14 3  
Hi sadja, happy to read your writting and make some discussions with you. It is good writting, but trying to give your some suggestions.

The process starts when the winds blow the blades

comments.
*In this sentence , it is better if you use passive form.
*Wind is uncountble noun so without s.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1: A Machine For Generating Electricity From Wind And Where It Can Be Located