[WRITING TASK 2]- MAGAZINES

Tynitex 1 / -  
More and more people could now access information from computers and other electronic devices. Therefore, there is no need to use printed books, magazines, or newspapers on paper. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In contemporary society, electronic devices have received a great deal of public attention. The escalation of people who use computers and other electronic gadgets to update the latest information, leads to no need for printed books, magazines, or newspapers. While there are some benefits to this practice, I partly agree with this notion due to the truth it presents.

On the one hand, the option to use electronic devices to access information is attractive for several reasons. One of the fundamental reasons is that there is a wide range of options for readers to use. Perhaps the best example of this is people could have a huge number of choices to pick one that they interest and they also turn to the next pages or even find other sources just by a touch on the screen or a click on their mouse. Another compelling reason is that people could look for old news or topics that they want to know whenever they want. This could be explained by the fact that the internet could save and find for users massive data that human beings cannot do.

On the other hand, there are a variety of reasons why I would side with those who deem that people should keep printed books, magazines, or newspapers to access the latest news. Firstly, it is a well-known fact that it is trustworthy and authentic. This is because these kinds of news on paper already experienced many processes before printing and reaching their customers, besides, the information also is verified to prevent the authors to cook the book. Another reason related to this is that newspapers on paper are easy to use. This is mainly because people can read them wherever they want without accessing Wifi so those who live in isolated places and the elderly who cope with difficulty accessing the Internet would have more chances to update the information day by day.

In conclusion, this is a topic that is very relevant to modern society. While electronic devices present certain merits to get more information on the Internet, I contend that they should not be overused due to trustworthiness and convenience. It can be advisable that newspapers on paper should be used more and more during the advance of technology to ensure all generations can update the latest news on a daily basis.
You have written 390 words. A number of words that cannot be accomodated during the split writing time between Task 1 and task 2. Remember that you will have to time yourself so that you can write complete papers for both tasks. That means, keeping the writing short, between 275 - 300 words, for task 2 would greatly benefit you during the test. This is not yet a class academic paper. It is only a test of your English language vocabulary and writing skills. There is no need to overdiscuss the topic. Use the correct 2 reasoning paragraph format for the body of the essay.

Remember that when you are asked to write an extent essay, you have to defend your point of view twice, using different reasons. You cannot use a comparison essay format since this is a single opinion discussion. You will fail the test because the examiner will not grade the paragraphs that do not align and defend your personal / writer's opinion. The essay will be considered incompletely developed and be graded accordingly.

Home / Writing Feedback / [WRITING TASK 2]- MAGAZINES