The main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species

phamlinh99 1 / -  

disappearance of particular species of fauna and flora

Some people say that the main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species of plants and animals. Other say that there are more important environmental problems. Discuss both views and give your opinion?

It is thought that the vital environmental issues of our era are the biological diversity loss of fauna and flora. While others believe that there are more challenging environmental obstacles. I would argue that nowadays, even more, many huge problems than some plants and animals' disappearance.

The disappearance of biological diversity loss of fauna and flora can not be compared with the loss of the ozone layer causing by human exploitation of fossil fuels and CO2 emissions. Because even when some plants and animals are under the cliff of extinction, it does not affect Earth's survival. However, the ozone layer is contrary. It leads to numerous harmful effects on both humankind and species. For example, a report of the United Nations in 2010 released that because of human activities on increasing CO2 on Earth have created a hole in the atmosphere and causing million of the death toll of animals and plants in Africa.

Furthermore, the ozone layer hole a significant role to be pivotal than other environmental issues. It can also be a consequence of several problems such as increasing sea level or another ice age. The natural defense layer unprotects the Earth leads to unexpected weather, which could be suddenly cold or hot. For instance, an experiment of Harvard on the weather without ozone layer released that the weather is too hot, about 40-50 degrees leading to melted ice, and thousands of species can lose their homes because of water rising, in contrast, if it is too cold, water can be frozen leading to another ice age.

In conclusion, while others believe the main problem of our time the disappearance of particular species of fauna and flora. I believe there are a lot of environmental fields are more important.
While others believe that there are more challenging environmental obstacles. I would

Incorrect sentence structure. A comma, rather than a period is required in this presentation as the current prior sentence lends itself, based on its structure, to additional information being presented due to the presence of the word "While" which refers to a period of interval or time between thoughts.

The structure requires a general reference to other points of view due to the reference to "some people" and "others". Therefore, there needs to be 2 third person pronoun paragraph references prior to a full first person pronoun reference discussion. This shows the comparative format (for the first 2 points of view) and the personal opinion (third paragraph). You need to expand the discussion of your personal opinion as it should either support one of the two given statements or, result in a totally different discussion. That is why you cannot present your personal opinion as a single sentence in the concluding summary.

While you will still get a score for this presentation, it will not be as high as it could have been, had you used the proper format for the discussion presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / The main environmental problem of our time is the loss of particular species