Male and female passing their driving license test in one Asian country

lemai6541 1 / -  
The chart shows the percentage of women and men in one Asian country who passed when they took their driving test between 1980 and 2010.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

My answer:
The bar chart illustrates the percentage of male and female passing their driving liciense test in one Asian country from 1980 to 2010.

Overall, it is clearly seen that the proportion of men and women who passed their driving test in 2000 was the highest among 4 years, while the opposite trend was true for 1980 years. In addition, during this period, the figure for people passing their driving test witnessed an upward trend.

In 1980, the percentage of women who passed their driving test was 48%, while that of men was significantly lower, at 28%. The following 10 years, both the figure for men and women going through the driving test experienced an increase, with rise to 52% for women and 37% for men.

In 2000, the proportion of female who passed their driving test was increased and peak the highest point at nearly 70%, followed by a sharp decrease to 63% in 2010. By constrast, that of male winessed a considerable increase to nearly 50% and then remaining the data in the next 10 years.

• image
While your identification of the image provided is correct, you did not give a proper indicator of the division for the bar graph. A more appropriate reference would be to explain that there are 2 bar graph sets provided in one image, each one representing a single gender, but with several measurements presented for each. That way you will have achieved the purpose of creating a vivid mental image of the given information.

Do not overcomplicate the trending statement. Use only one up and down reference in a connected manner. In this case, the second reference for the trend was not necessary since it was only a single direction piece of information. You do not need to present several trends, just a paired trend.

Home / Writing Feedback / Male and female passing their driving license test in one Asian country