IELTS Writing Task 1 - Maps comparison the changes in the Islip Town

ngocmaing 3 / 6 2  

Islip town centre

The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now, and plans for the its development. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given maps depict two versions of Islip town centre: the one in the mean times and the one which is planned for its development. Overall, it is clear to see the most noticeable change will be the new construction of a dual carriageway around the town centre, in replace of the one way road.

To be more detailed, the shops on the north side of the main road will be replaced by various new areas: bus station, shopping centre, car pack and new housing, while the shops on the other sides will be kept. Next, the main road will be changed into the pedestrians-only road in the middle of the town centre. The park area will be minimised in the planned development.

Besides changes, the school is seen to be kept in the plans for development, with a little extended area. Housing in the southern part of the town centre will be kept, with an addition of new housing nearby the park.

Thank you very much for spending time reviewing my essay!

Build your English vocabulary. You need to learn about alternate word usage, also known as synonyms. These are alternate words that you can use to describe keywords from the original presentation. The use of other types of descriptions will help you get a better LR and GRA score due to the increased English word reference point. Maps could be; illustrations, development plans, image reference points, picture, plan, sketch, among others. There is a grammar structure error: "in replace of the one way road" should be, "In place of the one way road". Again, the word usage is the problem in that presentation. You should know the meaning of English words, which will help you to use it in the proper sentence context. It appears to me that you have to focus on your English vocabulary and word usage skills more than anything else. You did a good job of explaining the drawings, you just had a problem with word usage. So I would like you to focus your lessons on that to help you avoid points deductions in the LR and GRA sections.
OP ngocmaing 3 / 6 2  
@Holt Thank you very much for pointing out the problem. I will dig into the vocabulary deeply to improve my essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 - Maps comparison the changes in the Islip Town