Modern technology makes people less creative?

walk0nastarry9 1 / 1  
Modern technology has greatly influenced people's ways of entertainment, making people less creative. Do you agree or disagree?

This is my Ielts Task 2 essay ( I also hope to know what band this essay is)

Modern technology has a significant impact on how people entertain themselves. It is assumed that technology stifles creativity in entertaining activities. In my opinion, I agree with this statement due to several reasons.

Firstly, modern technology has a negative influence on individuals' inspiration to create diverse content for entertainment. The convenience of technology can result in people passively consuming the same types of content repeatedly. If people become familiar with such content, they will become unmotivated to develop new ideas for entertainment. Many people, for example, opt for TikTok for entertainment, where the algorithm tends to suggest repeated content. Therefore, users exposed to repetitive and uncreative content on TikTok might lack inspiration to create a diversity of entertaining content.

Secondly, modern technology tends to make people become lazier in creating ways of entertainment, especially outdoor activities. Since it provides sufficient applications and modes of entertainment to people; thus, they will not need to attempt to create new entertaining outdoor activities. People in the past, for example, created outdoor activities to entertain with friends such as hide and seek or tug of war. However, with the current advancement of technology such as the Internet, people are becoming lazier in diversifying outdoor ways of entertainment because they are overwhelmed by too many options available. They can still entertain themselves effortlessly by watching TV or scrolling through social media for hours, instead of putting effort into creating outdoor games as people in the past.

In conclusion, I believe that modern technology not only influences how people entertain, but also diminishes creative ability. The repetition of content and numerous options provided by technology can lead to a loss of inspiration and efforts in inventing creative entertaining content and outdoor ways of entertainment.
due to several reasons.

To make your statement stronger, offer one or 2 short reasons that your reasoning paragraphs will be based upon. That way the thesis statement is better established in relation to the writer's opinion. This creates a stronger restatement basis.

You obviously understand the topic that was provided. You gave very good reasons and strongly established your discussions in support of your opinion. The reasoning paragraphs benefit greatly from that. However, the anchor topics to the paragraphs are problematic. Rather than stating the same establishing topic twice in the presentation, go directly to the discussion focus of the paragraph instead. That way you create a diverse discussion presentation that is established on the reasons in relation to the idea rather than the idea behind the reasons.
OP walk0nastarry9 1 / 1  
thank you so much, but can you elaborate on more about anchor topics? i actually find this term pretty confusing... does it mean the central topics in my essay or what topics? i appreciate your help

Home / Writing Feedback / Modern technology makes people less creative?