IELTS TASK 2 : MONEY is an essential motivation at work but not the only one.

dynaranjani 27 / 24 18  
Do you agree that money is the only motivation at work why people prefer working in the same company for many years?

Money seems have a power to control how people behave. The status quo believes that money is the only motivation people have to stay working in a company for many years. However, I would argue that there comes a point where other factors, such as work atmosphere and passion, override the importance of money in this term.

It is generally believed that people tend to find a job relating to their passion. This is because they are more likely to feel happier and more enjoyable when they do something which they like most. Nicoline Patricia, a well-known Indonesian photographer, in a 2013 interview admitted that she did not get sufficient money during her first shot. This did not slowed down her desire to be professional photographer since money was not what she focused on. She realized that her passion was in photography. For this reason, she has always enjoyed her work and started her day with new motivation.

Having a friendly environment is considered as the second reason why people stand on a company for a long time. This can help them to bear with a massive workload or a difficult time at work. Arguably, employees are forced to be able to perform better with many assignments. It is inevitable that this condition will lead some of the employees to suffer stress. Therefore, the role of supportive co-workers is clearly important. Moreover, Tony Robbins, a British psychologist, explains that being cared for and cared about reflect on human natural need. This can be obtained through involvement in teams at work or through close group of friends. Once people fulfilled this need, they tend not to lose it.

Indeed, money is essential but it does not illustrate the general view about what makes people loyal to their current company for several years. In fact, some little factors, namely supportive colleagues and individual interest, become the predominant reasons why people work in a same company.
Crystal812 23 / 55 11  
I love you essay, owing to its vivid examples and so many paraphrases.

There is only a tiny mistake: explains that being cared for and cared about reflect on human natural need.

I hope you succeed in the test. Best wishes.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 : MONEY is an essential motivation at work but not the only one.