TOEFL Essay, "Can movies tell us about the country, where it is made...?"

ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made. What have you learned about a country from watching its movies? Use specific examples and details to support your response.

Watching movies is one of the famous entertainment activities. Movies from Hollywood and Bollywood are famous all over the world. Movies made in a particular country can tell us about that country's custom and culture, language, arts and crafts, attractions, and about the development of that country. So, movie can provides knowledge about the country, where it is filmed.

To begin with my own example, before marriage I use to watch Bollywood movies only, but after some days I started watching Hollywood movies, because I knew that I had to move to another country after marriage. From Hollywood movies, I obtained the knowledge about customs and culture of the country. Language was the most important part which I learned from those movies. Earlier, I never understood English language, but now I can understand their accent and can also communicate with native people. They also asked me about my country, and are excited to know about my country. My suggestion has always been, to watch Bollywood movies to gain more knowledge about my country.

In addition, we can obtain knowledge about the different attractions and their importance in that country. Some movies are based on real stories from history. So, we get information about the history of that country. Sport is also another important part which we find in movies from that country. For example, I never knew about American football. I got knowledge about this game after watching movies. Hence, we can obtain information about the sports and history of the country by watching movies.

Finally, there are lots of things which we can learn from movies. Movies are the best option to obtain knowledge about that country, where it is made.

Thanks,
Ana.
ramtinms 3 / 6  
ana_p
where it is filmed => where it is produced
after some days => after a time
I obtained the knowledge about customs => I obtained some information about customs
I never understood English language => ?
to gain more knowledge about my country. => to achieve more information about my country.

you use "obtain" a lot ,you should select other synonyms
you have a good idea for writing but you need to expand your main point.
OP ana_p 27 / 81  
Ramtin,

I never understood English language => ? : I mean accent which I have explained in second half sentence.

And thanks for your feedback.

Good luck to you also!!

Ana.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Essay, "Can movies tell us about the country, where it is made...?"