MANY MUSEUMS CHARGE FOR ADMISSION WHILE OTHERS ARE FREE. PROS OF FEES OUTWEIGH CONS?

phuongoanh476 2 / 2  

charging admission fees when entering museums

It is true that entrance fees are applied in a variety of museums nowadays, while there are still others which do not charge any fee for admission. While there are some advantages of charging entrance fees in museums, I believe that it is primarily a disadvantage.

Before looking at the negative points, it is useful to understand the positive impact of applying admission fees. In terms of higher quality process, many museums might use charged fee to invest more in improving museums' infrastructure. For example, in Vietnam, people prefer to visit some museums in cool weathers to hot weathers due to the lack of air-conditioners in several places. The better air-conditioning quality ,therefore, encourages people to pay a visit to museums no matter how the weather is.

Nonetheless, the disadvantages of this issue should not be understated. Firstly, it should be a nation's traditional value that people feel when they go to museums. Charging admission fees makes visitors misunderstand and have tendency to ignore that unique value, that they only think of visiting museums as anything like other places of entertainment, no more than a commercial trade. Therefore, in the long term, a death of cultural value might be caused by that policy itself. Secondly, students are increasingly encouraged to understand their own country's history as it is now essential for them to learn history as their compulsory subjects in school curriculum, and museums are one of the ideal places to absorb knowledge. However, charging entrance fees would make them hesitate to pay a visit to those places. For those who are living in poverty, there will be less chances for them to regularly visit museums as the finances could not cover the cost.

In conclusion, while there are certainly some advantages brought by charging admission fees when entering museums, the disadvantages that it has on cultural value and individuals' financial condition is worrying.
The writer had an almost correct approach to the discussion. The examiner will not be against his providing a positive consideration in the discussion. Not at all. Provided however, that the end result of that positive idea is its negation in support of the writer's thesis opinion. He almost had the perfect response. If only the first reasoning paragraph had followed the previously stated discussion format.

As for the second reasoning paragraph, a lot can be said in relation to its presentation. First, there are too many topics present, but not all relate to one another in the paragraph. The use of numerical ordinals does not translate into proper linking and cohesive devices unless the ideas actually intersect or logically connect. Second, the sheer number of topics provided ensured that the paragraph ideas would not be fully supported and explained. Linked discussion ideas of no more than 2 work best in this discussion format.

Home / Writing Feedback / MANY MUSEUMS CHARGE FOR ADMISSION WHILE OTHERS ARE FREE. PROS OF FEES OUTWEIGH CONS?