The number of obese people is on the rise, presenting a danger to people's health

thuynpt 1 / -  

More and more people are becoming seriously overweight

The number of obese people is on the rise, presenting a danger to people's health. This is the reason for the suggested remedy which is imposing a higher tax on high-fat foods. Although this measure could be effective in a few ways, it may lead to drastic consequences that far outweigh any advantages it brings.

There might be some specific reasons why the higher price of fast food is advantageous. in solving overweight-related problems. One important reason is that an increase in the price of fattening foods could discourage potential customers, who are well aware of their budget and cannot purchase them. For instance, if a KFC dish costs triple as much as a healthy vegetable meal, people are more likely to select the second option. As a result, the amount of fat that they gain is low, thus preventing obesity. Another reason is that fast food companies will meet financial burdens due to a drop in their products' consumption, which may force them to invest in fewer advertising projects, which largely contribute to the rise of fatty food consumption. Consequently, fewer people notice announcements from those businesses, which means they have little motivation to consume high-fat foods. This produces a positive effect on people's health, as their fat input decreases.

Notwithstanding, there is more persuasive evidence that the resolution mentioned exerts adverse effects on society. One explanation is that a rise in unhealthy food might not decrease its consumption. This is because people may keep selecting this food, even at higher prices, if they are affordable and to the customers' appetite. Furthermore, some people who have weight issues may experience eating disorders as they consider overeating as a way to ease their suffering. Consequently, they may continue to consume unhealthy food options. In addition to this, making fattening foods more expensive means that huge corporations including McDonald's and Pizza Hut have to experience heavy money loss. When those businesses face financial burdens, staff-reducing decisions are inevitable. As a result, a large number of workers, including financially disadvantaged ones, will be unemployed. Thus, they will be forced to rely on even cheaper, unhealthier food options.

In conclusion, while raising the price of fatty foods could create a positive impact in a few aspects, there are more compelling reasons why other remedies which are more effective should be adopted. It is recommended that diet education be added to schools' curricula. Besides, encouraging people to engage in regular physical exercises is also needed.
This essay is tremendously overwritten. You will not be able to write over 400 words within 40 minutes. Remmeber that you need to allot time to review, edit, and revise your content before submitting the essay. You should not consider your first writing to be the final version. The task 2 essay is meant to be a simple discussion of the given topic. It need not be overly long nor over analyzed. You have got to learn to write quickly but smartly, as one would in an actual classroom setting in an English speaking nation. In those schools, they do not consider wordy essays to be well written as it often contains errors in grammar and writing, as can be seen in this presentation. Try to limit yourself to 300 words next time, focusing more on the quality of the content rather than the word count.

Home / Writing Feedback / The number of obese people is on the rise, presenting a danger to people's health