Which one is better to reduce crime-rate? Incarcerating criminals or giving education to them?

yonathan66 30 / 27 5  
In many countries prisons is considered the best way to decrease crime. However, education is often argued to be more effective way. Which opinion do you most agree with?

Some countries use prison as their treatment to reduce crime rate while other think education is better method to tackle this problem. I personally believe that education is the best way to decrease crime rate as prevention is better than fixing something.

At the present time, crime become a common thing as it can be found all over the world. Many countries give the criminals a punishment such as living inside the jail for specific period as they think crime rate will decrease by incarcerating criminals. For example, in America, the government provide several kind of prison to separate prisoners based on their age since there are juvenile detainees also. As a result, the number of criminal is decrease due to a great deal of criminals is arrested inside the jail. Although this method seem giving a positive effect on reducing crime rate, but I believe that giving education for criminals is the best way to tackle criminality.

Giving knowledge about the danger of criminality to both criminals and good citizen give obvious positive effect on reducing crime rate permanently. In New Zealand, the country which has the lowest crime rate in the world, the government does not arrest the criminals inside the prison. They tend to educate them about how bad criminality is, and then they also train the bad guy some new abilities such as sculpting or crafting so then they can have occupation by using their skills. As a result, they will continue to live by using their skills to get money and avoid their self from committing crime. Undoubtedly that giving education both to bad guy and good citizen is the best way to reduce crime rate permanently.

Therefore, the best way to prevent someone from committing crime is by teaching them about the danger of criminality. This method give permanent solution while detaining people inside the prison solve this problem for temporary only. In my opinion, religious education can also become a method to tackle this issue.
Desty22 13 / 20 1  
hi

For example, in America, the government provide - provides several kind of prison to separate ...
As a result, the number of criminal is decrease- witnesses decrease

thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / Which one is better to reduce crime-rate? Incarcerating criminals or giving education to them?