What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university? Meet the employers' requirements

mihnnguyet 1 / -  
Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.

What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

One question has caused a great deal of controversy is the major function of education. While some argue that universities must only give access to knowledge bringing benefits to them regardless of students' merits, others believe that providing abundance training to meet the employers' requirements is much more crucial. I am completely convinced with the latter for a number of key drivers.

First, those who have been taught and exposed to practical work environments from university years can have far more employment opportunities. This is because during the job interviews, they can answer all questions from employers easily and clearly with utmost confidence, thanks to their prior exposure to the job from their past. Indeed, they have done all the tasks related to their major during their study, enabling them to fully comprehend what it takes to fulfill their duties in the work place or what kinds of errors they may possibly make in the process of working as well as how to tackle them. For example, FPT university was the first of its kind in Vietnam offering its students with probation periods in large companies in IT since they are freshmen, allowing 100% of its graduates to get a job instantly after graduation.

Secondly, catering to the wide range of practical knowledge and skills adapting suitably to workplace can help universities obtain benefits by itself. This is owing to the fact that the more post-graduates from these universities can be employed in large corporations, the greater number of students choose to enroll in those. As a consequence, these schools' reputations can be raised significantly thanks to their employment rate after graduating. For example, pursuing their study at Ivy League schools has been becoming many students' aspiration for decades because of its academic training and opportunities to gain hands-on experience and knowledge.

In conclusion, although focusing only on academic learning can help students stabilize their core standards and knowledge for careers, I strongly believe that universities should combine it with accommodating skills and practical knowledge to their attendants. Public and private education sectors should provide various experiences as well as specialized subjects to ensure their vital role.
The essay does not have a proper concluding paragraph. Rather than summarizing the discussion as was expected of the presentation, you continued to discuss other details that are not required based on the original writing instructions. As such, the essay could very well receive a failing score because of this. You need to focus on learning how to write a proper summary conclusion, one that merely recaps the discussion, without additions, so that youc an receive a proper score for that paragraph. It is difficult to say you will get a passing mark at this point because of the lack of a properly concluded essay. Do not try to add information to the discussion where it is not required.

Home / Writing Feedback / What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university? Meet the employers' requirements