Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 4

Toefl: In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many sources

mcshang 4 / 8  
The topic of using different sources to get information can be approached from several different angles due to its complexity. Some people would agree with it while others are not. I have developed my own point of view as well. Acquiring information from a variety of sources, we not only can avoid the subjective information offered by a single medium, but also reduce the probability of getting the wrong information. Therefore, personally, I tend to attain information from many different news sources.

Every single person has his own ideology, and the journalists are no exception. What will happen if we always get the information from the same source? According to some recent science empirical research papers, if our brain receive the identical pattern of information all the time, which will lead the fact that our approximately 80 percent of memory is constructed by the same information. In other words, as soon as we obtain the information, all of us subconsciously root those ideas in our brain. Try to imagine that nearly none of the thoughts in your mind are built by your own. I think that kind of situation is extremely terrible, so I favor to get information via many sources.

Inevitably we, human beings, sometimes make mistakes, and the reporters are no exception. Take my country for example, the competition between the media companies is very competitive. In order to attract more audience, some media always release the news instantly but rarely double-check the correctness of the news. Once, a news channel released that a fierce tiger ran out of the local zoo, and already had hurt people, which result in a wide spread panic in the city. Until the local government announced the news was wrong, the citizens calmed down. Thus, in order not to be misled, I prefer to acquire information from different sources.

Nevertheless, there is no perfect thing in the world. There are some disadvantages in getting information from many different news sources, such as taking time. Even in some specific occasions, it seems hard to obtain any news. Yet, things have changed this few years. With the maturity of WI-FI, we can almost get online everywhere and every time, so it is not to worry about missing any latest news any more.

All in all, it is clear that the media workers sometimes put too much their personal conception in the news and even perform the inaccurate news to us, at least in my country. Furthermore, I think that having my own concept and receiving the unbiased news are the most important things in the world. As a result, I claim with confidence that getting information from a single news source is secondary to acquiring from plenty of sources.

isai 12 / 111  
This is a great written work.

All in all, it is clear that the media workers sometimes put too much their personal conception in the news and even perform the inaccurate news to us- I agree and I like this sentence.

Inevitably we, human beings, sometimes make mistakes, and the reporters are no exception. Has logical

The essay displays an excellent understanding of the subject matter and is well organised. The arguments are clearly constructed and supported. There may be evidence of outside reading.

Regards

ISAI
EF_Kevin 8 / 13093  
Hey Tony, thanks for joining our writers' community!!

Some people would agree with it while others would not. ----Keep that verb tense consistent.

... but also reduce the probability of getting the wrong information. ---very good point!!

Try to imagine that nearly none of the thoughts in your mind are built by your own mind.----I added a word to complete the sentence.

Use "ing":
...so I favor getting information via many sources.

No need for commas around human beings:
Inevitably we human beings sometimes make mistakes, and the reporters are no exception.

Take my country for example, the competition between the media companies is very competitive rigorous.---Do not say competition is competitive, because that is redundant.

In order to attract more a large audience, some ...

... the local zoo, and already had hurt people, which resulted in a wide spread panic in the city.

There are some disadvantages in getting information from many different news sources, such as taking up a lot of time.

:-)
OP mcshang 4 / 8  
Hi EF_Kevin,thanks for your replying,
and I like the way you describe the competition by using '"rigorous"~~

thank you!!! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl: In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many sources
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: