Toefl writing: to become well-informed, don't rely on one source of news information

Romera 1 / 2  
Hey all~~
I am a little confused by this topic, for I cannot find out suitable examples.
How can I develop it better, I mean, the reasons I gave are kind of reluctant.
Waiting for your advises and corrections.
Thank you so much for your attention!!!!!
O(∩_∩)O

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
In order to become well-informed, one has to get information from different news resources.

Nowadays, thanks to the information explosion and media development, information surrounded us and the accuracy of information becomes weak To become well-informed, in my perspective, one has to get information from different resources. Some may argue that through different resources would consume much ineffective time currently. However, different resources do improve one's viewpoint of events and worth the effort. If there is anyone out there who still doubts that sufficient information is the only way to comprehensive and stable view points, this essay is your answer.

86
First, various resources focus on specific preoccupation of the events and hardly cover all the facts related. Internet values speed most; newspaper focuses on accuracy while television keens on vividness. That may result in the lack of details in Internet, the ignorance and weakness in newspaper to provide in time news or criticism etc. When one media is chosen and the others are excluded, some essential factors in the news will be missed. 72

In addition to different attention centers, different viewpoints are offered by different resources. No media is comprehensive enough to tell you everything about even a simple event. Specific and tendentious statement can never lead to a real conclusion or solution or not biased perspective and do harm to people theory development. Audiences or readers can be guided or even controlled by the press unconsciously if they depend, even without doubts, one approach only. They are likely to be misdirected by fake details or extreme perspectives as well, due to scant evidence base. It is a nightmare that diversification and individual opinion extinct. Only by utilizing kinds of methods and medias can the overview be formed and the variety of thoughts not perish from the earth. 125

To conclude, one can become well-informed, in other words, get the whole scene and understanding of one thing, by sufficient information from news resources with diverse preoccupations and viewpoints. That is, one has to get information from different news resources. 40

324
Thors Hammer 5 / 60  
PG1: Modern technology has allowed for media to surround ourselves in almost every facet of human development, and now plays a pivotal role in developmental society. At a click, we can view media throughout the globe, providing many different insights local and worldwide. This gives way to many peoples perspectives into many matters. U Continue...

PG2: Various media's focus on providing news that matters to their communities, others focus on issues that bring drama along with facts, just to be unique. The internet is the quickest way information travels, however some people still prefer the tradition of un-folding their newspaper or watching the television. Each media resource may have a different and sometimes desired effect on its audience. For example: people who read the newspaper or watch television might be trying to relax, but people watching news from their mobile computer or phone may be on-the-move. U Continue...

PG3: In addition to the many media sources available, there are different... 2nd sentence: Then, too is the fact that every news mediator has his own opinion included in his report called the bias factor, and should be considered when reviewing the validity of any resource.

I hope this helps!
OP Romera 1 / 2  
Thank you sooooo much for your advice!!!
The reasons you raised are rather inspiring~~
O(∩_∩)O
bansmart06 4 / 8  
well, just stick to one topic. just focus on one point then
OP Romera 1 / 2  
thank you~
but how can one develop an essay on only one point? I mean, it will not be rich, isn't it?

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl writing: to become well-informed, don't rely on one source of news information