Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS; Parents & school are both reasonable for teaching children to be good citizens

Icecreamquest 6 / 15  
Topic:Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.

Dicuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

There is an increasing dispute of helicopter parents and spoilt children these days, some hold the view that parents should be responsible for teaching their next generation how to become an excellent member of society, other in contrast argue that children need to be taught at school under guidance of teachers without parents' spoiling love for being a useful social person. I would like to discuss the possible models below:

Parents, commonly known as the initial teachers of the young, should take their responsibility for helping children learn the way of being good social members since their behaviors and words have a direct effect on young family members. The advantage of this model seems to be remarkable, if parents themselves are excellent. However, if not , bad influence would emerge in that children frequently and unconsciously imitate parents' improper behaviors such as being impolite and careless to neighbors or burying truths with a lie for avoiding punishment. Further, children satisfied by their parents who purchase what they want regardless of high price as long as they like, tend to become selfish and materialism. Actually, when growing up they will find it difficult to integrate society if without consideration and thoughtfulness.

In the other model, school, as a venue where students can learn not only basic knowledge but also communication skill through cooperating with other young people, should bear its responsibility of teaching next generations how to be an useful members of society. There are wide range of different student types from different backgrounds, by communicating with these peers children are able to learn the skill of living with different people. However, to some degree young students may easily be confused and misled once the circumstance around them is flooded with diverse but maybe incorrect minds and even anti-social behaviors, and many teachers now always are so busy that seldom take care of each pupil all the time.

Overall, I have no definite solution for this problem, because each model I have presented has both advantages and disadvantages. It is reasonable to assume that some combination of the two models may be needed to give help to our next generations for more easily acting as a considerate, thoughtful and social member when they grow up.

PLEASE HELP TO CHECK MY EASSY. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Parents & school are both reasonable for teaching children to be good citizens