Some people believe that everyone has a right to have access to university education and that govern

mahns 1 / -  

government subsidies for better access to university education

It is argued that everybody is entitled to pursue higher education and governments should cover the university tuition, irrespective of the student's socio-economic background. In my perspective, the aforementioned opinion is reasonable, and the free-college policy would have a beneficial impact on the undergraduates and the community.

All students should be allowed to attend tertiary education because being a bachelor's degree holder will make it easier for graduates to find a job in the era of a competitive job marketing environment. Employers, these days, tend to be more attracted by well-educated job seekers because they believe that these employees have better time-management skills and the ability to work under high pressure. This can be exemplified in the case of Google, where employees with valuable tertiary degrees have a higher performance at work and a higher salary than those only following a 12th-grade program. As a result, university graduates will have a better quality of life, not only being able to afford essential needs but also having opportunities to save a certain amount of money for future unexpected expenses.

There are two compelling reasons why the government should make tuition free for students regardless of the financial status of their families. One reason is that more students, especially the underprivileged, would have an opportunity to follow higher-level education thanks to this policy. In several parts of the world such as Ha Giang Province (Viet Nam) where poverty is still a monumental issue, many families cannot make ends meet, let alone pay tuition fees for their children. By abolishing tuition, high-school graduates can continue their education, instead of staying at home, working on the farm, and getting married at a young age. Moreover, the free-of-charge policy can give rise to a more educated workforce, which eventually results in a thriving economy. To put it simply, an economy with high-level workers would have a higher manufacturing efficiency than one with a lower rate of well-educated labor. For instance, Germany, a country with 87% of individuals with tertiary qualifications is more developed than those countries in Africa with the lower proportion of the population being educated.

In conclusion, I completely agree that students from different family financial statuses should be allowed to attend university with government subsidies.
It is argued

Avoid the use of memorized phrases in your writing exercises. You are not improving your writing skills that way. Specially since the memorized phrases are not applicable to the original discussion presentation. In this case, the reference point is a group thought, without any contradiction. So there is no argument referenced in the original prompt. Such exaggerations result in prompt deviations, which will result in lower TA scores.

In my perspective, the aforementioned opinion is reasonable

Sorry, but the writing requirement is that you need to provide a measured response to the question. What extent is your opinion based on? Where is the thesis sentence? What is the basis of your opinion? You haven't met the writing requirements to achieve a passing preliminary score. You cannot save that clear opinion for the end, the requirement is to state it twice. Once in the paraphrase, then again in the reverse paraphrase.
Camlinh22 - / 1  
For me, the most obvious minus is the TA. Your examples seem to deviate from the focus of the writing prompt, which is why higher education should be accessible for everyone, not why people are attracted to giants like Google. On the other hand, your grammar is on point.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people believe that everyone has a right to have access to university education and that govern