Nowadays people can buy cheaper products. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?

drnikonian 1 / -  

consumer products at an affordable price

Consumers can meet their personal demand with a wider range of diverse products at a cheaper price. Although the living standard of people may be advantageous, its demerits of this trend cannot be overlooked.

There are several benefits such as improved living standards and basic needs so that more people have the opportunities to select from more options.
One advantage could be that electronic devices can be bought at lower prices while still maintaining a variety of features and greater speed of processing such as Android cell phones are available in the market at an acceptable price. This leads to every student can afford so as to improve their study efficiency.

Secondly, consumers spend a lesser amount of monthly expenditure on basic necessities such as clothes, food. This helps us saving money for other aspects of life such as education, entertainment, and health.

On the other hand, purchasing cheaper products brings certain drawbacks.
Firstly, people are purchasing things that do not even need. For example, a single person has multiple cell phones and they are busy all day with their cell phones and the internet. Thus people are becoming less social.

Another drawback could be that fast food, which contains high levels of fat and calories, causes develop health problems such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and digestive diseases. This leads to have a negative effect on the quality of life and waste money on medical treatment.

Taking everything into consideration, availability of consumer products at an affordable price is a positive trend as it helps people to lead a better life. However, the negative sides of this trend cannot be forgotten. Social, personal and health problems are ever increasing due to this and it might be a serious threat for the future generation.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
Watch out for sentences which are long and dragging. You have a tendency to over-complicate the language - which will not be beneficial for you especially if you are looking into making your essay more comprehensible for the users. What you can do is to attempt to omit words which do not add value to your sentences.

For instance, let's take into account your second paragraph's second to the last sentence. I would rephrase that instead as:
One advantage is that there are Android devices that are bought at lower prices in the market that still have various features and advantageous processing times.

What I did was attempt to compress all your descriptions into a single sentence. You can master this technique through practicing more.
Your third paragraph appears to be hanging as well. You can merge this with your fourth paragraph with a little bit of usage of transitions. Hanging paragraphs like this do nothing for the professional structure of your essay, hence I suggest that you look into altering them or shifting them a bit.

Furthermore, I would also suggest that you change your transition for the second portion of the essay wherein you discuss the drawbacks of the products. You had already utilized the number system as a transition, therefore I would recommend that you opt for an alternative to avoid redundant language that do not contribute to the flow of your essay.
tcl1120 9 / 27  
Shall we also highlight the cause of cheaper products?
For an example the low wage labor in Asia or the technology development in machining and automation. After that we can explore the merits and drawbacks from them.

It would be better to divide your points in to two layers, i.e. social level and individual level.
For an example in social level, over-consumption would lead to numerous environmental damages, such as green house gas emission and burden to landfill.

Also, there are certain drawbacks from individual point of view. Values and moral education, gratitude to natural resources and etc.

Cheers
dynastylee0929 4 / 8  
... necessities such as clothes,food.
==> clothes and food
Thus people are ...
this word cannot use as the beginning of a sentence

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays people can buy cheaper products. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?