Ielts Writing Task 2: Whether people should possess a home or rent one

Turbo 1 / -  
In some countries owning a home rather than renting one is considered very important.

Why might this be the case? Is this a positive or negative development?

Whether people should possess a home or rent one still depending on each individual's using purpose. It is, however, pivotal to have their own ones in several countries.

Firstly, owning a home brings us the feeling of stability, safety, and comfortable because has already been yours so you do not need to think of an accommodation to live in. Furthermore, we will have the whole entitle to decorate, modify all the household appliances. Last but not least, this is also a way to invest when they might pick a good site so that in case they wanted to leave, the value of the home sometimes could even raise up enormously. The thing is, we all know that it is a bit severe when we must have a far great deal of money in a certain time to afford that real estate.

On the other hand, renting a house has some particular difficulties on the grounds that it is hard to find an absolutely satisfactory place. In addition, renters could have some difficulties in negotiating contracts with the landlord. The biggest advantage of this that is has a much lower price compared to the first option. However, to some people, for the features of their job, etc. they have to live not in a certain place so renting is also a good way to solve the living problems.

To conclude, buying owning a home is more suitable for those who have financial capability and they need a permanent accommodation. In this case, it can be seen that a positive. Yet, it could change to negative when a person is out of budget to maintain paying the loan.

Can I ask which Ielts score would I have for this essay.
The essay will immediately start with a failing score. While the topic paraphrase is related to the original one, the writer provided an unrelated response to the 2 direct questions as can be seen below:

Questions: WHY MIGHT THIS BE THE CASE? IS THIS A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE DEVELOPMENT?
Response: It is, however, pivotal to have their own ones in several countries.

The writer did not present a response in the expected format. Rather than providing discussion reasons, a personal opinion was stated instead. This is a prompt deviation that will result in a failed TA score. There is no recovering to a passing score when the interpretation and response presentation is deemed incorrect and given a corresponding score.

The writer chose to use a comparison discussion in the body of paragraphs. This is another clear failure on the part of the writer. He has shown an inability to respond in the indicated format (single opinion). He cannot be awarded a passing score.

The writer finally decided to present a related response in the conclusion, but the essay will still fail for 2 reasons:
- No clear opinion provided. This is not a comparison essay
- No proper concluding summary is provided. The opinion is part of the reasoning paragraphs, never the concluding summary.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts Writing Task 2: Whether people should possess a home or rent one