Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

TOEFL- People recognize a difference between children and adults.

steakwulikire 1 / -  
The whole topic is : People recognize a difference between children and adults. What events (experiences or ceremonies) make a person an adult? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

And here is my issue:

There is a hotly debated issue of that whether a person is a children or an adults, and the topic of people`s view on how to recognize them can be approached from several different angles due to its complexity. Some people tend to prefer that joining the university is an adult while others seem to hold the opposite opinions. After a deeply deliberating over this issue, I also develop my own point of view. I favor the former position, that is, I think studying in colleague is a grow-up person with plenty of knowledge.

Firstly, studying in university is usually living outside. Namely, it usually has to live along and learning how to live independently. For example, fortunately, the campus I had enrolled is not a far away from my family`s house but I still live in dorm which near my colleague. During that time, I knew how to wash my clothes, doing some simple meal, and most important one is--I had to clean my own bedroom by myself. Hence, I think it is a good way to put myself grow up quickly.

Secondly, there is a place where fulfilling knowledge and you can grasp them easily. That is to say, you can receive a lot of information not only improve your skill but also broaden your horizon. For instance, I majored statistic in my colleague time and professor taught me a lot of professional knowledge such as some normal distribution, passion distribution and so on. That technique helps me to be a tutor.Furthermore, I started to earn my first salary of my lifetime. Hence, an adult must has enough ability to let them away from hunger.

Last but not least, the lesson in colleague is not the same as high school, which means you have to arrange your class by yourself. For example, I like everything about computer since I was young and I can choose many courses about computer science to improve I second skill. After the semester`s train, I will get more competition than other`s that only focus on their major. In short, I know how to improve myself and let me better than others.

In conclusion, I think attending to colleague is a good way to prove you are an adult owing to the advantages of the argument which I mention about are qualitatively greater than the opposite argument. That is not to say, of course, that other points of view are completely without merit. However, I think the reasons I have provided in favor of my point of thought are stronger.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL- People recognize a difference between children and adults.