Some people think that genetically modified (GM) crops are a positive development - IELTS task 2

vika1234 1 / 1  
Some people think that genetically modified (GM) crops are a positive development. Other, however, argue that they are potentially dangerous.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

It is arguable whether the advantages of genetically modified (GM) crops outweigh the disadvantages.

Some people believe that laboratory-modified seed would bring many positive benefits in the future. Firstly, GM crops will provide a higher level of production which is in favour of satisfying the demand for more food due to the ever growing world population. Secondly, by adding vitamins, the food becomes more nutrient-rich and thus, after a meal you feel satiated. Moreover, genetically engineered plants are adaptive to the adverse weather conditions in some regions, which is a step to the solution of the global hunger problem.

On the other hand, people who oppose the widespread GM techniques claim that there might me a lot of potential dangers. They are concerned because scientists have not proved yet if gene modification is fully safe for people, and also if there will be long-term consequences of the environment and the wildlife. For instance, there is evidence that pollen could be spread by the wind to the GM-free plantations. As a result, people would not be sure of the quality and content of their products. Another aspect, people are being worried about is the chemical pollution from the products used on crops and if animals would be contaminated by eating GM crops and further constitute a danger for humans who consume fresh meat.

As a conclusion, I think that to address this issue people should raise awareness of the possible effects. More studies must be conducted on the long-term consequences of genetic modification in order any speculations to be avoided.
rozha 15 / 34  
GM foods have better texture,flavour,and nutritional value, can create an essential sustainable way to fee the world.The genetic engineering of plants has the potential to provide edible plant vaccines that could be used to immunise individuals against the wide variety of infectious diseases.
hayaalqasem 9 / 17  
you have very well essay
but I will give you note
there must be an introduction with at least with two sentences
I will add this sentence
Hunger is the most crucial issue in these days , so scientists and experts work hard to supply the food demand in the world.But It is arguable whether the advantages of genetically modified (GM) crops outweigh the disadvantages.
sabakhai 5 / 11  
You write well. Only one change is that introduction should be of 2-3 lines.
Junisha111p 11 / 21 4  
Firstly, GM crops will provide a higher level of production which is in favour of satisfying the demand for more food due to the ever growing world population

Primarily, it is said that GM crops will provide a higher level of production which will full fill world food demand.
Bayuwibowo 48 / 73 21  
Introduction is too short, i give some explanation.

Genetically modified (GM) is the new inventions which is carried by researcher for the interest of human being. Although, several people believe that discoveries dangerous in humanity, i would argue that advantages brings the positive effects for human purpose.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that genetically modified (GM) crops are a positive development - IELTS task 2