The picture illustrates the life cycle of salmon in terms of their different development stages

mic0221 1 / -  

WRITING TASK 1 - SALMON'S LIFE CYCLE

The picture illustrates the life cycle of salmon in terms of their different development stages.

There are mainly three stages in the life cycle. The beginning of the life cycle is the baby salmon called as fry, and it will grow into smolt, ending with the adult salmon, which have the ability to fertilize the next generation.

Looking at the first stage, the fry measures 3-8 cm and lives in the lower river with fast flowing. After approximately 4 years, they can grow up to the second stage to become smolt, measuring 12-15 cm, and migrate to the open sea.

Living as smolt for about 5 years, they will grow to adult salmon which measure 70-76 cm. This is the third stage of the life cycle. Then the adult salmon move to the upper river slowly and prepare for the reproduction. They will lay the salmon eggs near the small stones where the reeds grow and cover them. After 5-6 months, the salmon eggs hatch into numerous fries and the life cycle starts anew.

The essay is pretty good. It offers a clear process explanation for the life Cycle with an obvious analysis of the illustration. The fact that the with used correct referencing words shows that he is paying attention to the audience he is writing for. The student shows the potential to develop good reporting presentations. The analysis details are helpful. That said, the writer has a few clarity reference problems. There are certain instances when important sentence presentations are incomplete.

lives in the lower river with fast flowin

- Fast flowing what? Answer: Fast flowing river water.

cover them.

- cover with what? Small stones. Technically , the eggs are not covered in as much as these are camouflaged. That is the more appropriate term.

Home / Writing Feedback / The picture illustrates the life cycle of salmon in terms of their different development stages