WRITING TASK 1: The seven stages of salmon's life cycle.

selenakieu 4 / 14 1  

The diagram below shows the life cycle of the salmon.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram given illustrates various stages in the life of a salmon. It is clear from the diagram that there are seven stages in the life cycle of a salmon, beginning with hatching from eggs and ending with becoming a spawning adult. We can also see that the cycle remains permanent.

At the first stage of the life cycle, in fresh water, eggs hatch in about a 3-month period, and the alevins appear. The alevins swallow yolk sacs for months, then swim at 5 to 10 weeks old. At this stage, the immature fish is called a Fry.

After a period of time, the Fry develops "finger" markings, and it is now called the Parr. At the next stage, the 1- to 3-year-old salmon, which is named Smolt, will group and leave for the sea. They spend approximately 8 years at sea, and during this period they are mature fish. Finally, the mature salmon spawns and dies within 2 weeks, and the life cycle repeats.

This is a general reporting analysis essay. When writing a general review of a method, it is important to remain impartial in the eyes of the reader. For task 1 essays, it is best that you avoid the use of pronouns in the presentation. This is to help you avoid creating a personal opinion discussion or insight for the given image. Youpersonal considerations should not influence the reader (we) nor should it imply that the reader has seen the image. The reader is assumed to not have access to the image at this point.

The discussion paragraphs must have a uniform length to allow for full scoring consideration. Each paragraph in a task 1 essay should be no more than 3 sentences. That way a full analysis can be provided and full scores can be considered in the presentation. Your writing itself has the potential to score highly, you just have to avoid certain errors in your presentation style.
dangngoctung4 4 / 7 1  
Remember that in task 1, using pronouns is unpermitted because this is an analysis essay, not an opinion. Also, in my opinion, it is better to use the sentence "The cycle is then repeated/repeated itself" lastly in the last paragraph, which is the last one in the first paragraph but used inappropriately (because of the pronoun error).

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1: The seven stages of salmon's life cycle.