The pie charts compare household expenditure spending on five different items in UK and New Zealand

hanh_1 1 / -  

IELTS Writing task 1 Pie chart

The pie charts compare household expenditure spending on five different items in the UK and New Zealand from 1980 to 2008.
It is noticeable that the household budgets spending on food&drink in both the UK and New Zealand saw a decrease over the period shown. Meanwhile, the figures for utility bills in two countries rose slightly.

The proportion of food&drink's figures in the UK fell by a full of 10% from 1980 to 2008;while the equivalent figures for New Zealanders went down just by 4%. By contrast, the household budgets spending on utility bills in the UK experienced an increase ( from 26% to 28% ) over a 28-year period ; and New Zealand home took 27% in 1980, then saw a small rise to 31% in 2008.

The percentage of leisure spending in the UK and New Zealand accounted for 27% and 18% each. By 2008, the amount of money UK residents spending had been twice as much as those in New Zealand. The transport costs and other costs in two countries saw a similar percent, which was around 16% and 10% respectively.

• The charts
The summary overview is the presentation that gives you the opportunity to run down important information for the leader. I tshould offer concrete and complete information even if the reader does not read your report to the end.The lack of image count and comparison divisions in your presentation prevents the summary from becoming truly informative based on breakdowns. A measurement reference would help clear up the measurement in your tending statement as well. Think of how you would want to lead the information if you could not see the image and write accordingly.

The spacebar is your friend. It is the best word and punctuation separator you can use. Regardless of whether you are separating 2 words with an ampersand in between words, or a semicolon to pause the presentation, you need to press the spacebar to ensure clarity and meaning perception through proper seperation of content. Use it regularly in your presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / The pie charts compare household expenditure spending on five different items in UK and New Zealand