[W task 1]The pie graphs show greenhouse gas emissions worldwide in 2002 and the forecast for 2030.

ngoclinhhhh 1 / -  

gas emissions worldwide

The pie charts give the information about gas emissions worldwide in the past 2002 and compare to future data in 2030, while the column chart illustrates the amount of carbon footprint by sectors, namely waste contribution, transportation, consumer, industry in the same period.

In general, it can be seen that the proportion of emissions in developing countries tends to increase remarkably, which is projected to become the biggest slice of total. Moreover, industry will be responsible for the highest amount of CO2 emissions.

According to the pie charts, the largest share of emissions in 2002 was OECD at 52%, but it is estimated to have lost its lead to developing countries with 48%, along with the projected figures in 2030. In spite of the rising trend of developing countries, over the period of prediction, the opposite will beis true for countries with transition economics declining by 1% and OECD dropping from 52% down to 43%.

Looking at the bar chart in more detail, industry will continue to be the major producer of carbon footprint with more than 10 billion tons for this sector. Consumer, becoming the second highest sector, is likely to two-fold increase from less than 4 billion to over 8 billion tons. The period will witness a significant rise in transportation, growing to 6 billion, triple the amount in 2002, making it become the third largest producer. By comparison, waste contribution and other sectors are on the list as well, but produce a smaller amount of emissions.
The student has some major issues with regards to grammar usage. He does not know how to seperate his thoughts into clear and individual sentences to create a coherent paragraph. Long sentences in this presentation prove to make the statements difficult to follow. These lead to confusion on the part of the reader. He must remember that clarity is a key scoring point that cannot be achieved in run-on presentations. His current format will result in failing C + C and G R A scores.

Vocabulary is another shortcoming of this student. More lessons in similar word usage is necessary. Certain words such as " amount " and " number" may be similar in reference, but tend to be used differently in sentence presentations. It all depends on the word connotation.
Goldengoat 4 / 8  
You give clear structures. However, you should pay more attention to express you ideas transparently.

Home / Writing Feedback / [W task 1]The pie graphs show greenhouse gas emissions worldwide in 2002 and the forecast for 2030.