Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The population of Senior Citizens has an upward tendency in developed countries

putri22 33 / 33 5  
The line graph illustrates the percentage of senior citizen population (aged over 65) in the United States of America, Sweden, and Japan from 1940 to 2040. Overall, it can obviously be seen that with the exception of the USA, all countries have upward tendencies and especially Japan, it is predicted that it will have the largest proportion of old generations in the future even though it has the lowest proportion at the beginning of the period.

To begin, in 1940, Japan only had 5% of population aged 65 and over and it is followed by a slight drop and remained stable at roughly 4% for over 20 years. Next, Japan experienced a noticeable rise start from 20th century and it is estimated that the proportion will grow sharply in 2030 and become the country that has the highest proportion of old people more than 25% in 2040.

According to the data, Sweden, which had 7% in the number of senior citizens in 1940, had the middle position at the beginning of the period and is also predicted that it will be in the same position in 2040 with 25% old population. However, from 1940 to 1980, the USA, which had the highest proportion in the early period, had an upward tendency but it saw a gradual fall and it is estimated that it will be the least proportion among others in 2040.

Home / Writing Feedback / The population of Senior Citizens has an upward tendency in developed countries