Power of advertisements are overrated!

priya9991 2 / 4 1  
Nowa days there are a lot of advertisements seen on telivision or on streets,som people believe that these advertisements boost the sales and encourage people to purchase goods which are not really needed.This argument is some what true, today high sales of popular commodities is the result of their new promoting technologies.In some countries advertising companies introduce their product into market with the help of celebrities. People ,especially youth tend to buy those products which are promoted by their favourite stars thought they are not in a reall need of htose particular products.

Also advertisements are designed in a maner to exaggerate the quality of such commodities, as a result of this people are inclined to buy those gods without any consideration,customer may not actually need it but buy the product impulsively soon after they watch the advertisement. Furthermore once the product attracts few people it becomes a trend and other are automatically influnced by the trend and inclined to buy these commodities to keep their status, the quality and need obviously is not relatively important.

However though it is true that advertisements exaggerate the product, it is also true that they play an important role ecnomicaly.They help to keep the price rates at resonable level which keep the market to not to be monopolised.on the other hand these advertisings shows main features of goods which is very helpful in todays busy life where people cannot do enought research on a pirticular product, They introduce new products and provide various choice to the buyer.

In my openion though the power of advertisement may b overrated the final decession is in consumers hand, It depends on the capacity of their disposable amont.
rkandil 2 / 5 1  
Okay, all in all good job. Me as an essay reader want to be able to feel you changed my way of thinking after reading your arguments. Sitting there I have hundreds of questions that your essay I believe should answer. I am quite a passionate person too and I have questions that go on through my head. Help me understand the world! These are some of the questions that I have:-

. Advertisements are very important to make profitable goods. Profitable goods mean more jobs and stronger economy. Advertisements cannot be bad.
. If the quality of the product is bad, the advertisement can never make the product profitable. Take Microsoft as an example losing against Google even though they spend more time on advertisement. Quality ultimately wins.

. Advertisements are an art in their own right. They bring our lives values and they bring our lives enjoyment. Without advertisement, the TV would be very boring. This is why not all advertisements are successful. Take McDonald's artistic child advertisements as an example.

. Advertisements actually encourage menopolies rather than discourage it. One company can dominate by making bigger advertisements.
. Users should do some serious research and not rely on advertisements to give them information. They are not meant to be informational, they are meant to be attractive.

All in all, great job, keep up the good work :)
OP priya9991 2 / 4 1  
Thankyou ah_zafari for your suggestions, I will try to improve those fiels which you highlited.

Home / Writing Feedback / Power of advertisements are overrated!