Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

Practical intelligence or academic intelligence? IELTS writing task 2.

sillyman2000 19 / 42  

pragmatic skills versus academic knowledge

In today's job market it is far more important to have practical skills than theoretical knowledge. In the future, job applicants may not need any formal qualifications.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In job's market nowadays, it is said that owning pragmatic skills is much more appreciated than academic knowledge. Therefore in the future, people do not need formal certifications in order to seek for a job. I partially agree with this idea and I shall explain why.

To begin with, individuals obtaining the capability of resolving in real life problems will be more advantagous when applying for an enterprise. Such skills play an indispensible role in working enviroment these days, which consist of establishing social relationships, problem solvings, dealing with various personalities and so on. Whoever acquire these aforementioned components will have greater opportunities to have a prosperous career. Moreover, companies nowadays concentrate more on recruiting applicants who have a wide range of skills beside his or her rough skills, with belief of those people will have new initatives in developing the company itself.

On the other hand, speacialization is a necessary factor, which is also known as the foundation part of job function. This is why this skill cannot be disappered, on account of job hunters need to know what their occupation is about and how to do it. For instance, an IT programmer wish to create a game or a website, so he must know how to code, which is a compulsory requirement for a programmer. Another example is a pilot needs to be knowledgable about an airplane and how to drive it in various weather conditions.

In conclusion, it is true that developing soft skills will bring more benefits for employees. However I possibly argue the essence of academic skills, which is still needed in today society and in the future.

This is a fixed essay with additional words added but my previous draft only had under 240 words. How do you can manage to organize your essay under timing constraint and anticipating word counts? I'd highly appreciate your advice. It is problematic to me that in the type of Discuss both views and give your opinion essay I tend to over exceed the word count, and this type of essay I usually have trouble with wordy quantity.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15218  
Hoang, the best solution to your word count situation is to stop writing run on sentences as you are accustomed to. It is when you write extra long sentences that you end up waiting more than the appropriate word allotment. You can about doing that by writing your paragraphs in sentence line formation first then formatting it into a paragraph form later on. The format is something like this:

Paragraph by sentence line :
1. Mary had a little lamb.
2. It's fleece was white as snow.
3. Everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.
4. It followed her to school one day.
5. Patiently waiting till Mary came out at the end of the day to go home.

Outlining your essay by numerical sentences gives you a clear idea of you have written to many words per paragraph. In paragraph form, this looks like this :

Mary had a little lamb. It's fleece was white as snow. Everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go. It followed her to school one day. Patiently waiting till Mary came out at the end of the day to go home.

Above is a sample of how the numerical sentences count would look as a paragraph. 5 sentences maximum. Each sentence with a clear discussion contribution to the paragraph. The sentences can be longer if you wish, as long as it isn't over 5 sentences and doesn't represent run on discussions. You will be sure to be within the word count at all times using this method for writing your paragraphs. . You will not be under, you will not be too much over the word count either. You can even edit and revise the essay while you place the sentences into the final paragraph format.

Home / Writing Feedback / Practical intelligence or academic intelligence? IELTS writing task 2.
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: