Do you prefer learning by yourself to learning with a teacher?

Barrera09 1 / 3  
Hi guys, Im about to take the TOEFL test, I have never been in a english school, I am a self learner, and thus I have no clue about essays I'm still a rookie. I have wrote this essay from the following topic so any tips and sugestions on how can I improve about it are most welcome, Thanks fellows

"Do you prefer learning by yourself to learning with a teacher?"

I prefer learning by myself but yet there are some contradictions about this topic and here are some reasons that support my point of view.

First of all I have nothing against teachers, on the contrary I do agree with the idea that teachers play an essential role as part of the education process, normally the teachers will serve as a guidance during this process and help the students to find their own techniques and the proper tools in order to create a suitable studying method for each individual; however, not...
Don't say but yet. It is redundant, because both mean the same thing.

I prefer learning by myself, but yet there are some contradictions about this topic, and ___________________- (give your point of view). Here are some reasons that support my point of view.

First of all I have ...

nothing against teachers. On the contrary, I do agree with the idea that teachers play an essential role as part of the education process. Normally, the teachers will serve as a guidance during...

Do not capitalize:
Personally during the first year in junior High School high school I started to get bored easily and ...

...In conclusion I prefer learning by myself most of the times time, and depending on circumstances a little hand from the teachers for better results.

:-) nice!!
OP Barrera09 1 / 3  
Thanks a lot Kevin for your comments, that was really of a big help, beacuse I had that bad habit of capitalizing, and since I'm a begginer I didn't really know how to start, but little by little I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I rewrote the essay, would you mind taking a look into it?. Thanks again.

What are some important qualities of a good school teacher? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why these qualities are important.

Teachers are the persons who will provide literacy to students, they are the ones who will play the role of guidance during the education process. Since the teachers can affect in how students perceive and learn, they must have certain qualities such as patience, perseverance, kindness, enthusiasm, and vocation, to name a few.

I would say the most important quality in a good teacher is the enthusiasm. Teachers that demonstrate enthusiasm can lead the students to be more engaged, energetic, intrested, and curious about learning in class. The teachers enthusiasm may facilitate certain levels of students' intrinsic motivation and contribute to a classroom atmosphere full of energy and enthusiasm wich feed students intrest and excitement in learning.

The enthusism will allow the kind of interaction between teacher-student that will help them becoming more self-determined in ther own learning process and may act as "motivational embellishment", increasing students intrest and self expectations in the context of learning.

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you prefer learning by yourself to learning with a teacher?