Printed media will never disappear; some factors why people fear about existence of written papers

irhame 52 / 50 25  
With recent developments in technology like e-books, some people feel that printed media like books, newspapers, and magazines will soon be a thing of the past. Others feel that these forms of media will never disappear.

what is your opinion?

Answer:

In 21st Century, huge companies compete each other producing sophisticated electronic books. As such, many believe that printed media such as books, newspaper, and magazines will extinct. In contrast, others argue that these news resources still exist forever. In my personal opinion, human beings still use printed books for their future.

There are some factors why people fear about existence of written papers. Initially, they need more places. More books we buy, more places we use. Furthermore, cumulative books will be a problem for readers when they want to bring them, because human just has limited power for carrying them. Eventually, it can be seen that newspaper, books, and magazines are so pricey. Not all people have ability to buy all books which they need due to money.

However, the existence of printed books cannot be forgotten as nature provides a lot of raw materials of papers for hundreds years later. The research of Ohio University in 2003, for example, reveals that our forests save paper's materials until the next 20 generations. As a result, the supply of papers is still stable although people use it every day. Therefore, paper's materials guarantee the human using of printed media.

To conclude, even though the number of e-book tools rise sharply, readers are still offered by paper's media. i totally believe that mass-printed media is still being the main consumption for decades later.
Irham, I like how you presented your opening statement. It was direct to the point and made me anticipate the coming discussion of your opinion on the matter. However, the succeeding paragraphs failed to do that for me.

You said that nature provided materials for printed books for at least 20 generations. Yet technology to replace the printed materials continue to develop and evolve. People are continuously losing interest in collecting the printed word and opt instead for the electronic word due to its affordability and need for less space. The new and current information regarding a comparison of print and electronic media proves to be a total contradiction to your claims.

Remember that when you write an opinion essay, you need to balance the pro and con, the anti and supporting sides of the discussion. You should balance the discussion here as well. You should at least offer one opinion as to why people believe that print media will not be used for much longer before you present your discussion as to why you believe print media is here to stay. Try to do a little research on the topic if you have to in order to balance the discussion.

Maybe you can try to revise the content of your essay to display a more balanced opinion discussion? One paragraph in support of each stand and then a strong concluding argument will be more than sufficient to create a better balanced essay on your part :-)
Irfan, I like the new paragraph that you developed. It has a logical explanation for your support of print media. It allows the reader to understand that the two forms of print media may need to find a way to co-exist. If you read your essay in totality using the new paragraphs that you developed, you will see that the discussion gained more depth and clarity. You should always aim for that in your essays.

While I may oppose your point of view, the way that you developed your discussion called for me to respect your stance on the matter. After all, there are still some old school readers who will never get the hang of electronic media. So print media will always be there somehow to cater to their need for information. You took a nice approach to discussing that point of view.

Your conclusion is in trouble though because you decided to present a new idea at the end. The new idea you presented was that print media gives more sense than electronic media. Where did that thought come from? Why didn't you discuss it as a separate paragraph like I told you to with new ideas before? You know very well it does not belong to the concluding statement. So either you revise your concluding statement or you add another paragraph to your essay. Remember though, the advised length of these exam essays are no more than 5 paragraphs. So be conscious of the time constraint.

Home / Writing Feedback / Printed media will never disappear; some factors why people fear about existence of written papers