WRITING TASK 1 PROCESS - SALMON'S LIFE CYCLE

ngocanh9012 1 / -  

The diagram illustrates how the salmon's life cycle takes place.

Overall, the salmon's life cycle has 3 phases. It is immediately apparent that the salmon spend a half of their lives inhabiting in freshwater, while the other half is in the sea.

As shown in the diagram, in the upper , where the water flows slowly, countless salmon eggs are laid and incubated between reeds and small stones within about 5-6 months before hatching. In the next stage, they develop into tiny fish with the length from 3 to 8cm and migrate to the downstream river or estuary, where there is fast-flowing water for approximately 4 years.

It is clear from the diagram that in the Smolt stage, the young fish continue to grow in size, about 12 to 15cm, then migrate further downriver into the open sea which is their new habitat in roughly 5 years. After that, they grow into mature adult salmons and become much bigger in length, about 70-76cm. Finally, they swim against the river to the upstream region and start a new cycle life.

The first paragraph needs to restate the type of image provided the allow for a proper summary of supplied data. The paragraph is only partially complete and will recieve limited TA scoring for it. This is regardless of the informative sentences presented.

There is a vocabulary explanation included with the development process outline. The writer neglected to use correct vocabulary in relation to the identity of the fish, which should have been referred to as fry. This will cost the writer some LR point deductions. There is also a failure to refer to the "open sea" in the final stage presentation. When specific vocabulary is provided, the writer must use these properly in the presentation as these are part of the scoring requirements.

These are the basic errors in this presentation that will cause an otherwise well- developed instructional explanation to lose points and score less than its actual potential in the end.

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1 PROCESS - SALMON'S LIFE CYCLE