[Ielts 1] The proportion of school boys, based on two groups of age, who took part in various sports

ceewlz 2 / 1  

The percentage of school aged boys in 5 sports in the UK in 2010

The given table illustrates the proportion of school boys, based on two separate groups of age, who took part in various sports including football, basketball, cricket, rugby, and swimming in the UK in the year 2010.

It is evident that the percentage of boys playing football was the highest among the five types of sports in both groups while the lowest figure belonged to swimming.

For the group of age from 6 to 11 years old, the proportion of boys played sports was higher than that in the from-12-to-16 age group. In particular, football surpassed any other sport in the percentage of players, with almost 90%, which nearly doubled the figure for cricket. Besides, basketball players constituted 35% of the group, while the percentages of those participating in rugby and swimming were significantly less, at around 20% each.

Regarding the boy aged from 12 to 16, the proportion of those playing five provided sports was lower. Though football was the most common sport among this boy group, its figure was roughly 10% lower than that among the younger one. In addition, cricket ranked second in the percentage of participants with its figure being virtually a third, followed by the data on basketball and rugby, at 25% and 21% respectively. Finally, only 19% of school boys in this age group chose to engage in swimming.

The summary overview fails to give a complete summary of the table information. Due to the compressed data presentation, you were not able to clearly indicate the importance of the given highlights. For example, you did not indicate the age groups, while also misrepresented that the list of sports activities were not only additional, but actually the only list of activities in the chart. As such, the summary overview cannot be given a full scoring credential. When your trending statement is ony one sentence, it should not be given a stand alone status as it will not meet the paragraph requirement for the task accuracy. That is a method that is taught to new writers to help them remember the parts of the essay they must complete. Normally, the trending sentence is integrated into the summary overview as this represents the overall complete and summarized report of the image contents.

at around 20% each.

The actual figures were given in the chart. There was no need to use an estimation in this case. Just give the actual figures for each sport.

boy

Always use the plural form of the word. This is +S for the plural form. The data indicators will never be in singular form.

The reporting aspect is good enough to warrant a passing score. Although more work on sentence structure consistency is required, the reporting paragraphs were pretty much accurate and understandable. Be careful with the referencing though. Remember the difference between the singular and plural form of words and how to create these properly.
Sachin341 2 / 3  
I'm not an expert but I think there are some major errors in this report
1. The data is not rounded off pretty appropriately, and this can create a confusion, for example, ..... with almost 90%, which nearly doubled the figure for cricket..... however the real figure is 87.

2. There is not proper use of plurals..... the boys aged from 12 to 16.
3. There are also wrong word choice.......common sport among this boy age group

Home / Writing Feedback / [Ielts 1] The proportion of school boys, based on two groups of age, who took part in various sports