Quality of work, performance is more important than an appearance

nurannisaputry92 36 / 27 2  
Some organizations believe that their employees should dress smartly. Others value quality of work above appearance.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

As it is commonly understood, appearance can influence the way people work. Some association gives a mandatory to their employee to be stylish in order to enhance the productivity of workers. However, there are several arguments state that the way people dress is not as pivotal as their quality of work. In my opinion, the performance in working is much more important.

These days, some public believe that good looking is essential for their job. This is because the appearance will boost the spirit to enhance the productivity to do an occupation. For example, more than 5,300 sales and marketing research in Japan are encouraged and are given financial support to repair their mien by using commercial brand of make-up to persuade costumers. As a result, sales of product earning the revenue is twofold greater than expenditure. Undoubtedly, paying attention to appearance can improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work.

On the other hand, performance is more likely significant than appearance due to the fact that the quality of work is evaluated by performance. This also affects the profit of the company. For instance, according to UNFPA, the majority of employees in Singapore are assessed by the way people work in which some corporation fire a large number of workers deliberately by deciding the productivity of staff to gain income. All in all, a lot of workers are not concern about their looking. It is impressive that the appearance tend to be ignored by employer which is more necessary to show the accomplishment of work.

Furthermore, I personally agree that the quality of work is not determined by good looking because many jobs are not required workers to be more excellent in appearance. For instance, architecture or manufacturing sectors tend to hire the candidates who have capability and skills to think critically. It is evident that the appearance depends on the business sector, and workers should concern to enlarge their ability and accuracy in working.

To sum up, although the appearance is essential to encourage spirit to increase the productivity, I personally agree that the quality of work is more beneficial to develop their work.
JanFan 4 / 6  
I have read your essay, and it is really a good one. Below are my suggestions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

=> These days, some public believe that good looking is LOOKINGS ARE essential for their job.
=> On the other hand, performance is more likely PROBABLY MORE significant than ...
=> ... because many jobs are not required DO NOT REQUIRE workers to be more excellent in appearance.
=> It is evident that the appearance depends MATTERS on the business sector, and workers should concern to enlarge (ENLARGE KNOWLEDGE ETC) IMPROVE their ability and accuracy in working.

Home / Writing Feedback / Quality of work, performance is more important than an appearance