Quest in IELTS: Information provided in the internet can be reliable or trusted?

jomse 5 / 13  
Quest in IELTS: Internet is today a much sort after source of information; however the information may not be reliable as many writers in it are unknown, discuss?

In this modern world internet has got a major role in providing information of our day today life. Students and lectures consider it as an easy source of information provider. But how far these information provided can be reliable or trusted.

The veracity is that most of the information provided in the internet is under a commercial aim. Commercial organisation has twisted the information in their way to market their products in the modern market where people buy materials through e-commerce (elecroinic commerce) such as e-bay, paypal etc. Manipulation of information provided in the internet has a marketing motive which in-turn leads the younger generation in a wrong way.

Reliability of information provided in the internet depends upon the website provider. Encarta, encyclopaedia etc. provides valuable information which can be trusted since the authencity information provider has the full responsibility. Similarly websites providing valuable information can be trusted if the author takes the full responsibility of the information provided in the internet. Even though Wikipedia provides large information about various subjects, the information provided can be edited and recreated hence is not reliable.

Advice given the internet by layman cannot be trusted since it will have a counter culture motivation often have a marketing motive. Agony uncles & aunts also have similar aim to market their product. Majority of the quest in the agony column are related to beauty and skin. In order to market the product the commercial organisations bribe the answering person thereby we receive a wrong product.

In brief, the information provided in the internet cannot be trusted unless the author takes the full responsibility of the information. But the existence of internet is inevitable in the modern world as an easy source of information. Hence it depends on each person whether to accept or reject the information.
I have never seen "veracity" used this way. I think it means "truthfulness." That is not the same as "truth." In this sentence, you should write:

The veracity truth is that most of the...-----I think this is better, but maybe I am wrong. I just have never seen veracity used this way.

Capitalize Internet, because it is a proper noun, like a name.

But the existence of internet Internet is inevitable in the ...

This sentence is pretty good, but not perfect: Hence, it depends on each person whether to accept or reject the information.
Sy this:
Hence, each person must decide for herself or himself whether to accept or reject the information.

:-)
OP jomse 5 / 13  
Thank you very much i am trying to improve my skills in writing...

Home / Writing Feedback / Quest in IELTS: Information provided in the internet can be reliable or trusted?