Question one, two and three - several introduction of IELTS task 2

Erpin92 3 / 3  
Question 1 : as global trade increases, many goods, including those we use on a daily basis, are produced in other and have to be transported long distance.

Do the benefits of this trend outweigh the drawbacks?

Introduction :
The increasing of global trade leads several countries in distributing some kinds of daily needs and it needs long distances to allocate them. However, there are several advantages and disadvantages of this trend.

Question 2 : in many countries, children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong while others consider it as valuable work experience.

Discuss both opinions and give your opinion

Introduction :
These days, children are involved in several kinds of paid work in many parts of the world. Children workers are bastard based on some people opinions while others think that they will be extravagant for the future because of having a lot of work experiences. In my view, children are better to focus on education than work. However, some children have reasons why they need to have a job.

Question 3 : Unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programs (for example, working for a charity, improving the neighborhood, or teaching sports to younger children).

To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Introduction:
Learning in unpaid community service becomes one of the obligation subjects in senior high school for instance, working for a charity, improving the neighborhood, or teaching sports to younger children. There are several reasons why I believe that learning in unpaid community service has several advantages to the senior school students.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Erpin, welcome to EssayForum

I can see that you still experience some difficulties in composing a well-developed and strong introduction paragraph for IELTS task 2. I have several tips that might be useful for your future practices.

- Never left an idea behind. For instance, in your first introduction you wrote "However, there are several advantages and disadvantages of this trend." What are those? What are the advantages and disadvantages? If you only write like this, I am afraid that you'll only get 3 or 4 in terms of task response(does not express a clear position (band 3) or presents a position or this is unclear (band 4)). Besides, your response is incorrect. "benefits outweigh drawbacks" question is different from "advantage and disadvantage" essay. Also, you need to remember that position is CRUCIAL in IELTS task 2.

- My suggestion is that, you need to state your position clearly since the very first part of your essay, particularly in thesis statement. For this type of question (Do the benefits of this trend outweigh the drawbacks?), you can say "In my opinion, the drawbacks of global trade are eclipsed by its benefits in the sense that people will obtain goods for their daily needs easier than before."

Hope this helps :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Question one, two and three - several introduction of IELTS task 2