The question whether rising price of fuel is the best solution to environmental issue

qunhu270 1 / -  
TASK 2: SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO SOLVE ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS IS INCREASING THE COST OF FUEL FOR CARS AND OTHER VEHICLES.

To what extend do you agree?

In the modern century, there have been growing concerns from the citizens about environment. This has led to the question whether rising price of fuel is the best solution to environmental issue. This essay will analyze and give the reason why I partly disagree with that point of view.

From one side, one argument put forward in favour of increasing the cost of fuel for vehicles. That is to say, when the price of fuel, namely petroleum, rise significantly, population will tend to cut down the frequency of using cars and other vehicles for saving money. Moreover, this phenomenon will create favorable conditions to promote citizens to use various vehicles which are close to nature including bicycles. By this way, the environment will be decreased the amount of air pollution.

From my point of view, there are a number of arguments in favour of opinion that rising the fuel price to tackle environmental problems will bring more disadvantages. First, this will affect to economy of country. In fact, the price of goods and services will be increased, which can lead to the decrease in the quality of population, especially poor people. In addition, a large number of industries depend on fuel therefor rising cost of this will bring more negatives for society. For instance, tourism and transport industries can be damaged or be force to grow service prices.

In conclusion, although there are arguments of both sides, it is my genuine belief that increasing the cost of fuel is not a good idea for environmental protection
Avoid merely repeating the discussion instructions in the personal opinion presentation. To further add to the strength of your claim, make it a point to include the summarized reasons. These will add clarity to the discussion aim and also prove that the writer's opinion has a simplified but valid basis. The result? Increased accuracy scores.

The writer does a good job of putting forth the reasons why people may support a rise in fuel prices. It is simple, grammatically flawed, but in proper reference to the discussion. However, he should have used more sentences in the presentation to increase the GRA score. One sentence per idea always works best.

The first sentence of the second paragraph is confusing due to its length. It should be stated more directly since it is a topic sentence. Hence:

From my point of view, there are more disadvantages attached to these advantages.

Done. Clear and concise. The way the topic sentence should be.

The essay has syntax and sentence structure issues that will affect the final score. The writer needs to make sure to improve in these areas going forward.
huoqtruc2405 1 / 3  
Hello, I suggest using the structure PEER in each of your point in the body. P: point of view, E: explain your point, E: expand/example, R: result. By applying this structure, your essay might become more fully-explained and meet the demand in terms of length

Home / Writing Feedback / The question whether rising price of fuel is the best solution to environmental issue