The only reason for learning a foreign language is to travel to or work in a foreign country

Chuyen97 1 / -  
Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

It was argued that the only motivation for learning a foreign language includes traveling or working in a foreign country. I strongly believe that there are over two reasons for learning a foreign language.

What is undisputed is that the more languages we speak, the more great chances we get in the job market. If we can speak another language that isn't our mother tongue, we can earn a better salary and be promoted to higher positions compared to others who have the same academic background. Some recruiters favor candidates who are bilingual or multilingual over those who are monolingual, which is popular in multinational corporations. Apart from working, traveling is partly why we should learn a foreign language. Namely, we can explore other countries and immerse ourselves in a new culture through speaking to local people or joining local activities without encountering language barriers.

I truly believe that studying a new language begins with more than two factors. It is clear to all that the young generation is serious about studying a foreign language that serves their academics well, such as getting an international degree or gaining knowledge by reading materials in English or another language. The aim of learning a language is to maintain our relationships. If our lovers or friends are foreigners, we might struggle with at least some degree of miscommunication in case we don't speak the language well. Therefore, learning their language is necessary and allows us to have a deep insight into their culture and then effectively build relationships.

In conclusion, I think that various compelling reasons push us to learn a new language, and this depends on our needs and favorites. No doubt, speaking a new language gives us more opportunities in our lives.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15153 4857  
There are 3 points of view that should be present in the first paragraph. The first public opinion and the second public opinion must be restated across 2 sentences. Then, the writer's opinion comes in as the 3rd sentence, with the thesis statement attached. This presentation is missing one public opinion presentation. That means the prompt restatement is incomplete. It will not receive full points for that paragraph.

The reasoning paragraphs cover only the writer's opinion. That is the incorrect response format. This should be a 3 reasoning paragraph statement that explains both public opinions in individual paragraphs, with the writer's opinion stated and explained as the last or 3rd reasoning paragraph. The summary conclusion does not properly restate the given topic and various reasons either. I am afraid this essay will not get a passing score in an actual setting.

Home / Writing Feedback / The only reason for learning a foreign language is to travel to or work in a foreign country
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: