Report: English-language TV programmes in my country

Shadywerewolf 1 / -  
I'm preparing for the CAE exam, I have some difficulties at the Writing part and I need some feedbacks.

Here is the task:
A leading educational publisher is interested in language learning in different countries. You have been asked to write a report on foreign language learning in your country. In your report you should deal with:

- the languages poeple learn,who learns them and where they learn them
- recommendations for improving language-learning in your country

Write your report.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction
The objective of my report is to analyze the importance and the influence English-language TV programmes have in Czechia, to explain the effect these programmes produce and to make recommendations of how the situation could be improved.

Popularity of imported programmes
The amount of programmes watched in Czechia, coming mainly from the USA, have increased significantly during the last years, and that could be explained by different causes.

Firstly, it's caused by fascination and apparent consumption edeavours of Western culture since the times of communism when this was the forbidden fruit.
Secondly, the new phenomenon of TV platforms like Netflix, HBO and others becomes more and more common in average Czech households. The stories are narative, well-written and extremely catchy. Moreover these platforms provides no adds which caused that Czech TV programmes became intolerable.

Effects on local culture
The percentage of English-language TV programmes is easily recognizable within Czech society and the local culture is heavily influenced by them. If you walk throughout any street in Czechia, you will hear someone talking about the last TV shows like Game of Thrones, Lucifer or Rick and Morty. The people have quickly accepted that this TV shows are much more important and so much better than the local ones.

Due to the lack of Czech dabbing in most of this new series, people are forced to listen the original voices of the actors and passively learn English, which, in my opinion, is the best by-product of this international platforms.

Recommendations
I think the government should have cancelled all the TV programmes like ČT1, ČT2, Nova, Prima, etc. and sell the old and new Czech films and series containing english subtitles to the international platforms (again I have to highlight Netflix as the hot candidate due to its' inevitable popularity in this land).

As I mentioned before, due to the enormous amount of adds, likeability of Czech programmes is rapidly decreasing and instead of to continue this decay, let's do a step forward, embrace internationality and show our culture to the world.
The report itself should be written in an actual essay format using no more than 220-260 words. The writer has only presented a brain-storming outline at this point. It cannot be scored based on the scoring criterion. Based on the outline, it is clear that the student did not understand the report requirements.

Original Report Requirements :

Report Focus:
- analyze the importance and the influence English-language TV programmes have in Czechia
- to explain the effect these programmes produce and to make recommendations of how the situation could be improved.

The report content obviously does not lend itself to the original reporting request. The difference between the 2 are night and day. The writer totally misunderstood the requirements. As there is no "failing" CAE score, the writer, based on the score to be recieved, will still understand that his English skills are not good enough for the purpose he intends to use it for at the moment. He cannot be hired professionally, and he will have difficulty entering a school for continuing education as well because these places have minimum CAE level considerations of their own.

The writer must improve his English understanding / comprehension skills. Perhaps start by writing English elementary level essays first, slowly working his way up to college level analytical, article, and opinion writing essay formats.

Home / Writing Feedback / Report: English-language TV programmes in my country