Researchers and travelers are now more easily able to visit remote areas such as the South Pole

thutrangg 1 / -  
It is now possible for scientists and tourists to travel to remote natural environments, such as the South pole.

Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Thanks to the advent of technology, researchers and travelers are now more easily able to visit remote areas such as the South Pole. In my opinion, this new kind of traveling has its own merits and demerits.

On the one hand, I agree that explorers and visitors could detect the problems in remote environments quicker when they go on holidays to these places. For example, the ice melting and the broken iceberg at two poles, which are considered serious consequences of climate change, may be found and used timely some remedial measures. Thus, the appearance of human beings can bring a certain benefit to their natural surroundings.

On the other hand, besides the advantage, some areas like the South Pole might be destroyed by experts and tourists. This is because when these people come, the remote home ground could become attractive travel destinations with many kinds of entertainment complexes and are likely devastated by human activities. For instance, a barbecue outdoor party and a campfire can emit carbon dioxide which harms directly the environment or the leavings people throw could lead to environmental pollution.

To conclude, while the visiting of scientists and travelers has some virtues, I believe that these benefits might not surpass the drawbacks that may happen.
This 209 word essay starts at a scoring disadvantage for not meeting the 250 minimum word count. The percentage deductions, added to the scoring error problems could very well produced a failing score. Write at least 250 words so that you don't start the scoring process at the failing mark.

The prompt restatement is still close enough to the original to be considered cut and paste. The original word elements were retained, proving a limited English vocabulary. The thesis statement does not respond to the question either, making the essay fail further as there is no clear s based on a single point of view. The discussion format is different from the required format.

The first reasoning paragraph has portions of clarity in the explanation but, suffers in trample development. That part lacks in proper thought presentation as it confuses the reader. The point of the example should be better explained for it to help increase the score for that paragraph. It has potential in terms of reason. so it has to have a better discussion presentation. Either it has sole advantages or not. There is no halfway point since this isn't a 2 opinion comparative discussion essay. other writing should be disproving 2 advantages as actual disadvantages. It should not deliver one advantage and disadvantage paragraph.

The concluding paragraph should have been the thesis sentence. It is not helpful as a concluding statement since it does not properly summarize the discussion presented.

It is unfortunate that the student did not work hard enough on presenting the essay scoring requirements. The essay shows the exam taker has the potential to pass the test. If the writer properly applies himself to the work.

Home / Writing Feedback / Researchers and travelers are now more easily able to visit remote areas such as the South Pole