Task 1 The results of a survey about people's coffee and tea buying and drinking habits in Australia

trucinthesky 1 / -  
Task 1:

The chart below shows the results of a survey about people's coffee and tea buying and drinking habits in five Australian cities.

The bar chart illustrates the habits of customers in five cities in Australia about using coffee and tea.

Overall, it is immediately apparent that the percentage of people who went to the cafe for coffee or tea in the last 4 weeks were significantly higher than two others.

Looking at the graph, the number of people drinking coffee and tea stood at nearly 65% in Melbourne. The figure was mostly similar for people in Sydney and Hobart. Adelaide and Brisbane witnessed a great number of drinking in cafes, at about 50% and 55% respectively. While consuming instant coffee in Hobart was nearly 55%, the figure for this purpose in Melbourne was noticeably lower, at more than 45%

The proportion of people buying fresh coffee accounted for about 45% in Sydney and Melbourne. While the figure for Brisbane and Adelaide was approximately 35%, Hobart saw a gradual increase in consumers using fresh coffee, at more than 35%.
The summary overview is too short and lacking in short data reference. List the cities surveyed, the measurement used for the survey, and thin merge it smoothly into the trending statement.

Looking at the graph

If it a bar chart or a line graph? Those are 2 different image references. Be accurate at all times, do not confuse the leader with conflicting image references. It would be best not to refer to the image reference anymore after the initial identification in the summary overview. That will help avoid image confusion that can confuse the reader and lower the GRA score.

Vary the vocabulary in reference the percentage. Don't just keep using the percent sign. change it up with alternatives like ratio, proportion, or rate. Use complex comparative sentences whenever you can.
megazetz 2 / 4 3  
The bar chart illustrates the habits

In my personal opinion, I think using the word "illustrate" would be a poor choice when talking about charts. You illustrate some data using charts, but I don't think the charts themselves illustrate anything as they've already given the figures

I would also suggest that you should include the chart in the thread to check if your report is true to the data

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1 The results of a survey about people's coffee and tea buying and drinking habits in Australia